Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT LawnCare Inc. View Post
Weve had the air lift kit and triangles Installed,its seemed to have helped 80% The cut seems much better ,but i can still see some small un-cut strips WHAT'S NEXT P.J.??
E-mail me please.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used 06 Hustler 60" mower with the xr7 deck and it only has 400hrs on it. I want to know if there is still a way to get the triangle kit cause this mower is driving me crazy leaving that streak of grass between the left and center blade.I am going broke double cutting everything or either mowing at a snails pace trying to get it to cut everything
Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&A Lawn Care View Post
I bought a used 06 Hustler 60" mower with the xr7 deck and it only has 400hrs on it. I want to know if there is still a way to get the triangle kit cause this mower is driving me crazy leaving that streak of grass between the left and center blade.I am going broke double cutting everything or either mowing at a snails pace trying to get it to cut everything
Talked to my dealer and he told me since the mower was out of warranty and I was not the original owner then I would have to pay for the part myself.I do not understand why I have to pay for a manufacturers design problem?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What is your serial #?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

serial# 06061657
it seems to me the part should have been installed from the factory cause I had to drill no holes on mine.They were pre drilled on both sides.I buy all my stuff from Right of Way equipment in Raleigh.I had to go ahead and buy the part cause it was killing me to keep mowing at a snails pace.They said if there is a way to work it out between you guys then they would refund me my money I had to pay.LMK please.Thanks Nick
Old 08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

so have you found out anything?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&A Lawn Care View Post
so have you found out anything?
Could you send me an email and we can go over the details?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Member

66" XR7 leaving uncut strip of grass

Hi Pj,
I have a 2007 66" Super Z that is experiencing the same problem of leaving an uncut strip of grass between the left and center blades in heavy grass. Here are the model and serial numbers:
Model: 928051A
Serial: 07081491

On this thread I see there is a triangle baffle kit Hustler P/N 107897 that addresses this problem. Is this still available? If so, where can I get it?

Any help would be appreciated because my customers noticed it and double cutting is really hurting productivity.

Thank you.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Sponsor

The triangle baffle kit 107897 still shows up in our price list. This kit was mostly used on northern grasses while using the first generation of XR-7 decks. Or "A" deck like what you have. If you have checked for straight blades, straight deck, right deck pitch, loosen and push the spindles towards each other prior to torquing etc. you may want to try the kit. I just wouldn't start there.

Brian O