Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-16-2014, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy1 View Post
After having a few major back surgeries last year, including a bunch of fused vertebra, along with the associated pins, screws, rods, cages, I ordered a ZTR PUFFER. It is everything the manufacturer claims it to be ... I believe you could mount a 2"X12" on top of it, and it would be comfortable. That said, if I could recover most of my investment, I would sell it in a minute. I am fairly tall (6'-4") with a long torso ... I only mow a few yards for myself and a couple of family members ... some of the property has a fairly steep slope, and the PUFFER makes me "feel" like I'm very top-heavy. I'm having a dozer come out and knock down the incline a bit, but I don't know when he'll be here. I just feel like the PUFFER put me in a position that doesn't feel right to me. The ride is GREAT ... the sensation of sitting up those extra few inches just creeps me out. I know the manufacturer offers a money-back trial guarantee, but I bought it late last year ... didn't get to try it out until recently, and I don't feel I have any right asking him to take it back at this point.

Even though it didn't work out exactly as I had hoped, I can still wholeheartedly recommend it. The materials and construction are absolutely top shelf.
Is the Puffer still available? I am looking to buy one, that is how I found the site.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd also be interested.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2014, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, It is still available!

I thought long and hard about getting one and they are still available here: http://ztrpuffer.com/#buy_now
The guy in charge was super nice but I decided for $200 more dollars to get this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-grammer-...item2a3f7bb49b

I mounted it on my John Deere Z930M and only had to make the holes for the bolts slightly larger and it works very well. I had a Michigan Suspension Seat on my last mower and this is better.

Good luck!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Fireman1000, So you also have a puffer seat for sale? Or are you also fuzzy1?

PS, I'm also a Fireman. That may help explain my confusion.

Ron
Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
Fireman1000, So you also have a puffer seat for sale? Or are you also fuzzy1?

PS, I'm also a Fireman. That may help explain my confusion.

Ron
Sorry for the confusion. I thought the question was asked if anyone could still buy them so I posted the link. No, I don't have one for sale. I bought the $600 grammer air seat on ebay. Stay safe!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeble67 View Post
Update... It is a super easy installation. Took the padding off my seat with 4 bolts. Then I was able to reach the 4 nuts that hold the seat pan in place. Took the seat pan off and attached the suspension kit to the seat mount on my mower using the 4 existing studs. No drilling required, used the stock nuts. Then used the supplied bolts to secure my seat pan to the suspension kit. Bolted the seat pads back onto the pan and it was completed.

Onto wiring... The kit is all wired with two leads protected in wire loom. So I ran the wires out near the front of the suspension kit and tapped into an ignition wire using a supplied wire tap. Then I hooked up the ground checked for pinch points and I was done. They include an extension for the seat switch incase you need to have longer wires to connect your seat safety switch but on my Exmark it wasn't needed.

The control valve is located at the front between your legs and is quick and easy to use. It took a little playing to figure out the height I needed on it to avoid bottoming out. But I hit 8 yards yesterday and it was nice. You don't bounce around like I was worried you might, instead you sort of float over bumps.

The cost was $375 shipped to my front door via UPS and so far I am very happy. If anyone is close and wants to check it out before buying stop on by and give it a try. I am going to check with my Toro dealer and see if they have any mowers with Michigan Seats that I can cruise the lot with and see how it compares. I don't have any seat time on a Michigan Seat, but I hope this helps. I'm off to use the new seat some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
No sir, the Puffer does not contain a seat switch (safety) they just supply a harness extension for your factory installed seat switch .

After running the Puffer for a few days now I find I'm saving a lot of time on my larger open areas. I can drive the mower full tilt in complete comfort where as before the ride was too harsh at full speed.

At slower speeds inside tight confines (gated tight yards) I keep the seat setting kinda soft. But a higher speeds that soft setting would bottom out. Today I was really focusing on the ride on a large open field and played around with settings and found a really nice setup. I found I could keep a softer setting at higher speeds by using my legs to hold a little upward pressure on the suspension over the rough areas. This made for a SUPER soft comfy ride as your really using the full range of suspension. The more I use the Puffer the more I wish I would have bought one years ago .

Thank you for the reviews.
I'll definitely be looking for suspension seats over the winter. My back cannot handle the ZTR ride conditions any longer. Our season is pretty much over now for this year. At best we have 3 mowings left plus leaf clean up. Many yards will be 1 to 2 mowings left plus clean up.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy1 View Post
After having a few major back surgeries last year, including a bunch of fused vertebra, along with the associated pins, screws, rods, cages, I ordered a ZTR PUFFER. It is everything the manufacturer claims it to be ... I believe you could mount a 2"X12" on top of it, and it would be comfortable. That said, if I could recover most of my investment, I would sell it in a minute. I am fairly tall (6'-4") with a long torso ... I only mow a few yards for myself and a couple of family members ... some of the property has a fairly steep slope, and the PUFFER makes me "feel" like I'm very top-heavy. I'm having a dozer come out and knock down the incline a bit, but I don't know when he'll be here. I just feel like the PUFFER put me in a position that doesn't feel right to me. The ride is GREAT ... the sensation of sitting up those extra few inches just creeps me out. I know the manufacturer offers a money-back trial guarantee, but I bought it late last year ... didn't get to try it out until recently, and I don't feel I have any right asking him to take it back at this point.

Even though it didn't work out exactly as I had hoped, I can still wholeheartedly recommend it. The materials and construction are absolutely top shelf.

Still want to get rid of it?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BPS give Mark a call at Puffer and talk to him he's a great guy. He will offer you a money back guarantee if you don't like the thing you send it back. He ain't getting mine back !!!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The bean bag is good. NUFF SAID!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
BPS give Mark a call at Puffer and talk to him he's a great guy. He will offer you a money back guarantee if you don't like the thing you send it back. He ain't getting mine back !!!!!

I will be doing that prior to spring.

I was just wanting to see if Fuzzy was still selling his.

I wish I'd have known about this 5 years ago.

Any body know if they'll fit on a Walker? I'm going to assume no, because the Walkers are so compact.

Tags
air ride , exmark , suspension , toro