Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Sponsor

Hey Jonthepain! We have similarities to this. You can add a crew or crew member to a certain job that is on the schedule and the crew can access it via mobile device which will allow for routing. WE actually have some more detailed items dealing with this coming out in the next few days. I would say to go try the free trial. You don't need a card for it. Play around for a little bit and let me know what you think. I really would like some feedback on this subject. If you need help with anything on there, call me. I'll try to help the best I can. Thanks!

TurfWizard
Old 07-16-2014, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Will do, thanks.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Sponsor

No problem at all. Like I said if you need to contact me for anything dial that number it will switch over to my cell so I can help you. I think your really gonna like some of our awesome features and I definitely will appreciate your feedback.

TurfWizard
Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

If there's a vested interest, of course you're gonna put In your two cents and hope that someone checks you out. I expected Jobber and Locqus to post in here too, honestly.

Why is it that anytime someone asks for a certain feature it's always "coming very soon!"..?

Not directing anything negative to anybody intentionally, but every site sponsor does it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Sponsor

I appreciate that. We have a great software now but when I say it is coming it is. I will post a thread in the next few days when it launches. People should know that our team is constantly reading what people are suggesting on here to build everything people want. I can understand how it seems though
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
You really ought to shut up. Just about everything you posted was wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually I wasn't. My response was enough to get the owner or Real Green to call me directly. So yea it did strike some cords.

He did talk me into to trying it though. Now I just have to come up with the cash to startup. Had a few equipment problems that ate up all my cash flow for a while.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
I have to agree on the price. They say you get what you pay for, but good GOD! Just the sign up fees for RG cost more than the yearly cost of SAP.

I went through several phone calls with RG. Just could not get them to get around the extortionate price for the setup. I was fine with the monthly cost, even though twice as much as SAP. But DAM. I really wanted to do better and they were the ticket. Just not what my little $275k a year company could stomach.

Plus one thing they dont tell you. Do you have customers setup in quickbooks? Well that will be extra. Hundreds of dollars extra to setup. And RG does not sync with quickbooks. You have to keep track of everything in their system. So if you ever have to stop paying, guess what, ALL your information is gone. And if you do make it to the end of your contract and want to switch to something different and possible get your stuff back into quickbooks. You guessed it, more money, I was quoted over $1200 just for that.

So you really have to go balls deep in their system and bet your whole company on them. I for one could not stomach my livelyhood to a company who is so money hungry.
All your information would not be gone if you "stopped paying" - the date stays in your computer like any other program. Not sure where you got that information from. We use Real Green and couldn't imagine doing it any other way.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
My response was enough to get the owner or Real Green to call me directly.
I assume this means they're (the owner(s)) are reading on the thread..? I'll throw in a small suggestion.

Offer a year free. Hear me out.. You offer it for a full year for free, we use it for the year and fall in love with it, or decide it's not for us. Usually, if it's not for us, we won't use it for more than the first month anyway. If it is for us, and we fall in love with it, we're coming back for it year after year. Suddenly, free isn't so free for you. Eh??

I like this idea. Also, I say "us" as in every contractor that's interested in the software. Not just my company specifically. Although, I'll take a free year, thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMUTAH View Post
I assume this means they're (the owner(s)) are reading on the thread..? I'll throw in a small suggestion.

Offer a year free. Hear me out.. You offer it for a full year for free, we use it for the year and fall in love with it, or decide it's not for us. Usually, if it's not for us, we won't use it for more than the first month anyway. If it is for us, and we fall in love with it, we're coming back for it year after year. Suddenly, free isn't so free for you. Eh??

I like this idea. Also, I say "us" as in every contractor that's interested in the software. Not just my company specifically. Although, I'll take a free year, thanks!
That's a terrible idea if only for this reason: he would get crucified from companies like mine that have over $10k into the system. No way could we sit back and watch him give out something we all paid dearly for.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
That's a terrible idea if only for this reason: he would get crucified from companies like mine that have over $10k into the system. No way could we sit back and watch him give out something we all paid dearly for.
Posted via Mobile Device
While I understand entirely where you're coming from (mostly because my idea is a joke - though I'd still accept the offer of a year for free).. If the software is as good as it's sold to be, I'd be spending the same amount, just a year later than everyone else.

Now, to play devils advocate, things get cheaper. Ever spent $35K on a used truck to turn around in two years to only get $10K? If you're lucky..? No way would anyone in their right mind sit back and let that happen! But, it happens every damn day! (like I said, devils advocate)