Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:11 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
When I first started I had Electric. Then I chopped the power cord a couple of times. Learned the value of duct tape
I have battery shears. They are great for delicate work and touchups

Also have echo pole and handhelds.

Next will be an air powdered pruner. We had one at a large company I worked for. I loved that thing
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:16 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 10,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I'll keep that in mind, I just turned 36. What would be a long ways for walking? Don't know if I have anymore time for walking. I guess all the walking I do everyday on our properties didn't help. I'm sure there's an app that lets me measure how far I walk in a day.
My brother was a Chiropractor, and he wouldn't touch me after I was 40, I understand what they do and they can take you out of a lot of pain real fast without drugs. Im not against them, but they can cause serious problems for you. You bones have a lot of growths <calcium etc.> and are quite a bit different when you age, and a back cracker can mess you up and you will need too see a sergion, and then your really screwed.

If you can you really need a 45 minute peaceful walk at a normal pace standing "upright" and talking occasional deep breaths. I did that over 10 years and it was far better than any Doctor could have done for my back.

I will also that pain killers are Narcotics and while they will relieve your pain they do not aid in Healing. Ibuprofin is a maricle drug that will aid in healing, but I wouldn't use unless absoutely necessary. Ill usually have to take 6 at time about 3 times a year, this year I haven't taken any, even thought Ive have some problems.


I know we get pleanty of excersise and walking but were alaways twisting and truning and in a rush, and your back is never straight during the work day.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
My brother was a Chiropractor, and he wouldn't touch me after I was 40, I understand what they do and they can take you out of a lot of pain real fast without drugs. Im not against them, but they can cause serious problems for you. You bones have a lot of growths <calcium etc.> and are quite a bit different when you age, and a back cracker can mess you up and you will need too see a sergion, and then your really screwed.

If you can you really need a 45 minute peaceful walk at a normal pace standing "upright" and talking occasional deep breaths. I did that over 10 years and it was far better than any Doctor could have done for my back.

I will also that pain killers are Narcotics and while they will relieve your pain they do not aid in Healing. Ibuprofin is a maricle drug that will aid in healing, but I wouldn't use unless absoutely necessary. Ill usually have to take 6 at time about 3 times a year, this year I haven't taken any, even thought Ive have some problems.


I know we get pleanty of excersise and walking but were alaways twisting and truning and in a rush, and your back is never straight during the work day.

That's what I was thinking. I might try and walk in the evenings down the road and back again.

Yeah I've never liked pain pills, to me all they do is hide the pain allowing you to injure yourself further.
__________________
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 10,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
That's what I was thinking. I might try and walk in the evenings down the road and back again.

Yeah I've never liked pain pills, to me all they do is hide the pain allowing you to injure yourself further.
Hope you come out GOOD. Ive had chronic back problems and have learned too live with them without Doctors.

Not to try to be your mom, but look on line or your back cracker will have info on how too lift stuff. And use equiptment when ever possible, even though it take 3 times as long.

I no longer lift over 50lbs unless theres Cash involved.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Hope you come out GOOD. Ive had chronic back problems and have learned too live with them without Doctors.

Not to try to be your mom, but look on line or your back cracker will have info on how too lift stuff. And use equiptment when ever possible, even though it take 3 times as long.

I no longer lift over 50lbs unless theres Cash involved.
Thanks for the advice Larry.

I try and lift things correctly and also use equipment when possible.
__________________
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-20-2014, 10:08 PM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
My brother was a Chiropractor, and he wouldn't touch me after I was 40, I understand what they do and they can take you out of a lot of pain real fast without drugs. Im not against them, but they can cause serious problems for you. You bones have a lot of growths <calcium etc.> and are quite a bit different when you age, and a back cracker can mess you up and you will need too see a sergion, and then your really screwed.
....
Not to be construed with will. A risk assessment will identify the benefits/ risk to the individual patient. Back crackers also provide professional expertise on nutrition, health, exercise, and posture so as not only to cure the immediate pain, but to create an awareness to prevent the event from reoccuring.

We can be told over and over even by ourselves what needs to be done. But for some having it told by an expert gives it a little more meaning. A one time visit does not have to be a long term commitment. It could be one and done. And if it only takes one adjustment to do you in, then this is what needs to be identified during the risk assessment.

Put into a circumstance where nothing else helps and the final options are surgical or non-surgical using manipulations. If the manipulations fail, there's still an option.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 PM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 190
Larry,
\
I do no question your brothers integrity. But I cannot imagine he nor anyone else in the practice turning anyone away because of their age instead of a predisposition.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:14 AM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 10,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
Larry,
\
I do no question your brothers integrity. But I cannot imagine he nor anyone else in the practice turning anyone away because of their age instead of a predisposition.
My brother is now a Cardioloigist. Any good back cracker wont touch old people. Theres also a reason they have such outrageous MalPractice insurance, the reason is because they hurt a lot of people.

Im not bashing Chiropractors, they are fine if you are young, but if your up in years they can literally kill you.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 190
Bologna. A chiropractor is not going to treat a 60 y/o fragile petite woman the same as a 24 y/o linebacker. A back cracker would.

Youth is no more a guarantee from the potential lingering side effects or even death then someone much older who is at a greater risk of complications.


This disagreement is not about what is a safe age for treatment but about cost of doing business and the associated risk involved. Its' a higher risk per$ to be performing senior treatments as a chiro vs practicing cardio

If the courts upheld signed patient waivers the high cost chiro insurance premiums wouldn't be an issue. Chiros do not have the respect in the medical field as cardios. It's the nature of the beast. You have good chiropractors and as in any industry you get bad ones. But in chiropractic they have hands on
and therefore are less shielded by blame.

Patient suffers a stroke, what happened the chiropractor messed me up When the person was already messed up from the get go the chiropractor just brought it to light. Even though an assessment might have identified the prediposition and known risk, it doesn't matter because it's a hands on type of practice. LIke a fine art painter commissioned by a king for a self portrait. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Whereas the cardio, it's based on science so when the doc messes up, hey don't blame me, blame science.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM
olajoe808 olajoe808 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Zone 5b
Posts: 190
Cardio is the full service llc maintenance co. They mess up, client complains, client gets replaced.

The chiro is the dba mow and blow. He mess up, client complains, chiro is canned.

Both have their place. 40 is a point of diminishing return on paper. The health risk between a 35 y/o and a 45 y/0 cannot be so great that there isn't a warning sign already placed on the office door. You cannot buy pain killers without warnings of serious side effects and potential death but you can visit a chiro all day regardless of age because they are proven benefits that outweigh the risk.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.09228 seconds with 9 queries