Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLawns View Post
Craigslist Ads are free, may as well try a bunch of em and see what works. At one point I found the only good performing ad read "Don't click here for lawn care". In my area Craigslist has tons of lawn care companies and I haven't found it a particularly good marketing channel.
Well for the record, i put out around 800 door hangers, i currently have 2 Craigslist ads going and i will get around to getting more up. The Craigslist ad has got just as many calls as the door hangers. although i have not landed any of those jobs, a few for stupid reasons. I still find it interesting both yielded the same amount of calls. The only problem people call on craigslist for lawn service who live 70 miles from here i say i service. Like really do they think i will drive that far for one job?

Goal is at least 30 regular mowing accounts for 2015!
2011 Ferris 48" Comfort Control DD
2001 Toro 36" Belt Drive
5x12 Carry On Trailer
2001 Ford f-150 XLT
Echo Trimmers
Stihl BR600
Old 07-22-2014, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
The only problem people call on craigslist for lawn service who live 70 miles from here i say i service. Like really do they think i will drive that far for one job?
I experience that quite a bit too. I list by city my EXACT service areas/suburb cities and still get calls from people all the way across town. They just don't like to read the full ad I suppose... I have had GREAT success from Craigslist though with about 75% of my clients from there. Great clients too. Keep posting and keep them up daily. That's when I get the best results is when I stay on top of posting my ads. I usually get 3-4 calls a week and have been getting on average a new weekly customer every other week and sometimes every week. The others I am either too expensive for or again, they are out of my service area.

Keep them posting and good luck!
2005 36" Scag W/B
Ryan Lawnaire V Aerator
Husqvarna 150BT Blower
Husqvarna 130BT Blower
Husqvarna 323L String Trimmer
Husqvarna 128LD String Trimmer w/ Edger, Pole Saw & Hedge Trimmer Attachments
Husqvarna 235 18" Chainsaw
Stihl HS45 Hedge Trimmer
Old 07-22-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good. I would recommend using some different ads and see which ones are getting you calls.
"When we finally tire of searching for happiness outside, we sit quietly and analyze and realize that true and lasting happiness can never come from outside. It can't come because it simply is. You are Happiness personified. You are that Supreme Bliss. You are that Joy. You are the image of happiness. God is the one who is always happy, and you are the image of God." - Satchitananda

Tags
2014 , craigslist , lawnsite