Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2014, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
States differ so much, be careful with your advise from people out of your area. Here if you get in an accident delivering pizza in your personal vehicle and your auto insurance finds out they can deny the claim and also the claim of any other vehicles/property you damaged. The driver would then have to submit to pizza huts insurance for damages. Similarly if you're injured in that accident, your insurance won't cover it here, they will pay per your policy but will then go after pizza huts gl for reimbursement. I can't see my earlier post so I don't know if I posted the link up there, but do a search of my posts for the term "Lexus" I've posted the story as a warning here a few times. Look for one of the older posts,reading it should convince most people to be 100% sure they are properly covered if using a personal vehicle for business

Here you can also transfer any property from your personal ownership to the company without paying a second sales tax. You just have to do the transaction within 6 months of establishing the llc

One big thing you will see different between the post I quoted and all mine on this subject, is I am sure to constantly say "here", the above poster speaks generally as the laws and/or regulations are the same across the country.
How does one find out all this info for their particular state?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Sponsor

Contact your state insurance commissioner or your local insurance agent. Both should have all the answers you seek.
easy-lift guy
Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF660R View Post
How does one find out all this info for their particular state?
Posted via Mobile Device

For knowing if your personal insurance will cover commercial use? I would have the insurance company send you in writing that they will cover it. Here it is also a registration issue as well though.

As far as transferring ownership/title from personal to business with out paying a second sales tax? I don't know where to tell you to look for that. I had herd about it and searched the states different sites and found nothing is I figured it was just a rumor. Then when I went to swap the registration to the business name, the lady at the registry told me I didn't have to pay the sales tax since my business was under 6 months old. She didn't have the paperwork but new how to put it through. If I was to try to grind more info here in MA I would check further with the Div of Issurance or the Sec of State's Corporation Division