Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ideas for my front yard

I am finally getting around to doing something with my front yard and re-doing the existing landsaping that is there. Previous owners or builders put some stepped retaining walls in on the slope in front of my steps and did a terrible job. The top wall is leaning back pretty far, and several of the blocks have sunken and made the walls look uneven. I have to tear it all out anyway because I need to backfill some dirt underneath the landing and level out the area above the hill. I've attached a picture of what it currently looks like, and wondering what else I could do there instead of the same retaining walls. I think i'd rather get rid of the walls completely if there is something else I can do there that would look decent and not have problems with mulch or rock staying put. I'm no expert when it comes to landcape design, and would prefer not to much if any money into it. Going to be re-sodding the whole front yard, and aside from any plants i'd rather not spend much. Ideally, i would just add a bed all around the steps if that would look decent.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0&l=0191b568ec

Last edited by kawakx125; 07-28-2014 at 09:37 AM.