Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-21-2003, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Getting listed on search engine

What is the easiest way to get my site posted on a search engine? I have tried to submit my site with no luck. If someone knows how to do this could you help?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey, George777,

Who does your web hosting? Mine is hosted by addr.com and they will submit my site to the search engines free of charge. Think the hosting is only like $9.95 a month. Might want to check with them or other hosting sites.
"You'll get MOW for your money & MULCH, MULCH more!"
Old 10-22-2003, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Most of the times your site is already submitted to most major search engines, you can increase your chances to be found on search engines by adding a meta tag

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="landscaping, lawn care, anything you think might help people find your site">
Old 10-23-2003, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Search Engines

Hi George,

Getting you site listed with the search engines takes a little effort. First you need to make sure your site is ready. You need to have 3 sets of meta tags. Title, Description and Keywords although keywords are not too important any more. If you want to have your meta tags automatically checked you can have that done at http://www.ScrubTheWeb.com They have a bot that will suggest changes to optimize youw website for search engines.

You need to make sure your keywords appear in the text of your pages too. If you want to really get deeply into this, check out http://www.searchenginewatch.com

Now as far as the actual listing. My favorite is http:www.selfpromotion.com They will list you with hundreds of search engines free. You can make a donation if you want, but it is not required. $ 20 a year gets you the maximum in additional tools. Be careful when you do this because there are a number of sections and you have to do each seperately if you want maximum results.

The major search engines such as yahoo and google need to be done manually. Some of those have a fee for listing. You need to decide if the hits are worth the cost.