Register free!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Battery-powered Pruner set-up

I'm currently seeking some advice, experience and/or opinions on a Battery powered Hand Pruner Setup. Pneumatic is not applicable in most of my situations; so initially it would be cost prohibitive at best.
Before jumping back in the business Full-time I'd done a good bit of Hand-pruning twice/year. Very little throughout. Being active again, it's a ton twice a year and a good bit throughout. I'm looking to buy based on the productivity/opportunity cost; end of it. I can only do so much in the time(Calendar)that multiple species take really well too pruning in my zone. I'd also like to venture out into more Fruit-type Pruning; than I currently do.

Fatigue & Physical Wear & Tear is an issue that all of us as Owner/Operators must deal with eventually. A set of these could even delay the inevitable by quite a while. Given, I start using them properly; now.

So far, I've only been able to find one brand that has met my assumed wants & needs. That being the...Felco Brand.
Unless I'm persuaded and/or research otherwise, I'll probably be headed in that buying direction.
I'm posting this thread looking for equally comparative "other" brands for/and the needs below. I'd like to hear both Positive & Negative about any brand. Including Felco's.

My needs to date:

1. Durablility(not necessarily abuseability...but it'd be nice regardless)

2. Battery life per charge(Not that I won't get at least 2 batteries anyways)
***Really important ant to me***Off-the-shelf batteries OR are they proprietary in nature?

3. Waterproof(As much as possible, but at minimum mostly)

4. User serviceable(Like I order a part(#1) & (#2) also be able to change it without some crazy tools or having to send it off for a month)

5. Affordable(I mean; overall affordability(5yr. cost) and/as the ROI would dictate overall feasibility anyways.

Any and all replies are much appreciated!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.orchardmaster.com/