Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
Thats Sweet, i shouldn't have went cheap on mine
Oh I love it.... It's been doing driveway plow duty this winter. I added a 72" plow and it's been a beast. For residential driveways it's perfect.

The electric dump is great with heavy loads too. My only issue with it was adding a decent heater. I plan on adding a radiator heater before next winter. The cab is REAL bad to fog up in the winter and the little 12v jobs just don't cut it.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We purchased an rtv 1100 for snow and will be using it on larger clean ups/ mulch installs this spring.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an arctic cat prowler. It's great off road and is a good work horse too. About the heaviest thing I hauled with it is a loaded 8 ft flatbed. Pulled good.

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..
Old 03-29-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
We purchased an rtv 1100 for snow and will be using it on larger clean ups/ mulch installs this spring.
Posted via Mobile Device
You will love it.. Nothing like a 20mph wheel barrow

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Old 03-29-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
You will love it.. Nothing like a 20mph wheel barrow
We use a loader or tractor to carry the mulch, I'm hoping to use it for the hand tools. We've always put them in a wheelbarrow and pushed them around.

That gets old quickly though........
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I have us army polaris ranger diesel great machine has satalite radio and navagation street legal has tags and reg car insurance use it to move sand rock mulch etc without turf damage anytime we have large properties
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2014, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got a new Polaris Ranger 900 XP that I use for spraying. We do a lot of industrial service work besides mowing and this thing goes anywhere and everywhere through the massive industrial plants we work at. We also do a lot of snow removal, but I thought it was too nice last winter to put a plow on it. This year I'll have a plow and spreader in it for the winter season. We also use it for picking up sticks/spraying on all the properties that we mow for the different industrial sites. Next year it will also be used for residential spraying, as they will be legalized to drive on the roads this summer.

It's also a blast through the trails and hauls deer out of the woods like a champ!
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2014, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got a small Equine Facility and found myself in need of a replacement for my Cushman Truckster that was getting long in the tooth. It worked for years building this place. Hauling rock, gravel, mulch, lumber and sand to anywhere I wished it to go. 6-ply tires, 2000# payload capacity and a hydro dump bed made it indispensable.

Until I found it's replacement in 2013. I happened by a Polaris dealership that also sold boats and a myriad of different pleasure vehicles (Motorcycles and Golf Carts). You get the idea.

They'd just taken their, yard pig as they called it, out of service. It was a 2011 Diesel Ranger XP. While feigning disinterest outwardly, I was seething with envy for this unit on the farm for various activities that I was asking my tractor to do. As the towing capacity of the Truckster was limited to certain tasks.

To make a long story, short. I bought the Ranger at a ridiculously lowered price and with a new vehicle warranty, as it had never left their lot, from the factory.

It's worked flawlessly for more than a year pulling more weight than the factory said was "advisable" and all but effortlessly dumping ridiculous weights from its' bed, sans the electric lift offered as an option.

The low end torque of the diesel engine was what I was after, as well as, the dependability of the two cylinder Yanmar diesel engine.

They've now come out with their Brutus Line. Which I find exorbitantly over priced but that's just me. Some would say that the diesel engine cost over the gas version is excessive, too.

I, personally, didn't care for the ride of anything made by Deere and everyone else made their machines far too small for my over 6' frame to spend hours behind the wheel operating.

If you want speed...get the gas version. Dependability and all the grunt you could ask for in a UTV, The Diesel Ranger would be my suggestion to you