Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
super dry this week but it's supposed to rain friday. let's hope.
Its looking too be a real short season.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA GrassChoppers View Post
I went to do a new property today and it was the last of the day, a 4500sq ft lot. The neutral safety switch took a crap on my walk behind. I eyeballed the gate and determined my lazer wouldn't fit. So after I completed the cut with a 21" I decided to measure the gate for the hell of it and discovered my lazer would have just fit after all. haha
Sounds like a situation I had x2! This year. My guy goes to mow the backyard and tells me the 48 won't fit. We have been mowing it for 6 weeks and it's slowing us down. I decide to go back to the gated area and find out that it will easily fit thru the gate, he just needed to open the other latch.... fml. We picked up a new account and push mow a back yard that always seems to be extremely tall even with weekly mowing. I ask if the 48 will fit and it does... Idk why we r just figuring this out now. I'm guessing he wasn't comfortable with the new machine and was too nervous before to try to lace it thru the gates. O well, life's a lot easier now on wwedsnesdays!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sprayed a lawn today choc full of dog turds. Thats all.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
super dry this week but it's supposed to rain friday. let's hope.
Grass is wet here dirt is dust, valley is dried and burnt up off the mountain.

Got to do todays and tomorrows up blahhh, 90% for tomorrow now and showing rain all weekend and most of next week, be working in it I suppose.

That's already a lot for rain for Aug. start

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey any august with any rain at all is a plus around here.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This lady has a knack for catching me on a very hot day, when i'm irritable and asks "can u fix my lawmower?" (for free!, so i can stop cutting her grass) Think people, think! 96 degrees with that louisiana humidity
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually had a guy crap and piss himself yesterday so that he could leave early. I wouldn't have believed someone could degrade themselves that low until today. The guy that was riding with him said that he was setting up an interview with a company closer to his house for yesterday evening. I still didn't believe it because he called in sick today only to call a few hours later to say that he quit because his crew leader was being too hard on him. That was the first we had heard of that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Man View Post
Actually had a guy crap and piss himself yesterday so that he could leave early. I wouldn't have believed someone could degrade themselves that low until today. The guy that was riding with him said that he was setting up an interview with a company closer to his house for yesterday evening. I still didn't believe it because he called in sick today only to call a few hours later to say that he quit because his crew leader was being too hard on him. That was the first we had heard of that.
Posted via Mobile Device
How does a guy poop and pee his own pants? Its almost impossible to do.
Unless you feel that killer-dump-coming-on-lets-get-to-the-enclosed-fast coming on.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

That's what I was trying to figure out. His foreman said the only thing he could figure was that he pissed himself and figured that someone would just bring him towels or something so he decided he needed to man up and poop himself. Just the idea of someone thinking that that was manning up had me laughing pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-08-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWin View Post
Sounds like a situation I had x2! This year. My guy goes to mow the backyard and tells me the 48 won't fit. We have been mowing it for 6 weeks and it's slowing us down. I decide to go back to the gated area and find out that it will easily fit thru the gate, he just needed to open the other latch.... fml. We picked up a new account and push mow a back yard that always seems to be extremely tall even with weekly mowing. I ask if the 48 will fit and it does... Idk why we r just figuring this out now. I'm guessing he wasn't comfortable with the new machine and was too nervous before to try to lace it thru the gates. O well, life's a lot easier now on wwedsnesdays!
Posted via Mobile Device
Had a customer who was the president of our local university. Also did their daughter and son in law's lawn. Lot is about 3/4 of an acre. Used to do it with my 36" hustler and then got my Great Dane. Found out that the Dane wouldn't fit through the gates. We did this property with the 36 for over a year. While trimming I happened to notice a hinge on the back fence, then looked up and there was another. Turns out that there was a ******* car-sized gate in front of the driveway that neither me, my wife, or my helper ever noticed.
Worst part is I never even got to use it cause the next week the homeowner said his other son in law was going to start doing it, since they were not living there. God bless America
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Charles; 08-08-2014 at 05:15 PM.