Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Lovett's Avatar
Lovett Lovett is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 66
How about these work shoes!?

Ok guys I picked up these for five bucks at a local flea market. They are definitely gently used, like new.

And I am in need of a new pair of work shoes.

I seem to like shoes over boots, not sure why, and before I put these to use I'd like your thoughts, opinions, experience, etc on how these may turn out. I had an idea of reselling them (may clear $40ish or so) if they aren't the way to go.

To sum it up I walk around alot everyday weed eating (walking on hills and slopes), blowing (walking on sidewalks and upstairs), hauling trash, edging, etc.

I wonder if these Skechers Work shoes are up to the task long term (6 + months)?

I understand seeing these are velcro that could wear out quickly if not cared for properly.

Thanks.
Attached Images
           
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Kawizx62003 Kawizx62003 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Transition Zone
Posts: 788
I think they look very unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Lovett's Avatar
Lovett Lovett is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 66
Yeah they don't look like your typical "landscaping shoes" eh?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 PM
easy-lift guy's Avatar
easy-lift guy easy-lift guy is online now
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venice, FL. USA
Posts: 2,120
Donate them to Good Will and buy an actual pair of work boots, Yes I use Red-Wing boots and my feet,self are worth it.
easy-lift guy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:20 PM
firecutgrass firecutgrass is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
Red wing all the way. worth the money! Mine lasted well over 3 years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 PM
SonoranScapes SonoranScapes is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovett View Post
Ok guys I picked up these for five bucks at a local flea market. They are definitely gently used, like new.

And I am in need of a new pair of work shoes.

I seem to like shoes over boots, not sure why, and before I put these to use I'd like your thoughts, opinions, experience, etc on how these may turn out. I had an idea of reselling them (may clear $40ish or so) if they aren't the way to go.

To sum it up I walk around alot everyday weed eating (walking on hills and slopes), blowing (walking on sidewalks and upstairs), hauling trash, edging, etc.

I wonder if these Skechers Work shoes are up to the task long term (6 + months)?

I understand seeing these are velcro that could wear out quickly if not cared for properly.

Thanks.
What ? Are you like 80 years old? Get some Justin boots
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
Well I am going against the consensus here & say they are OK, if they are comfortable and they are light weight. I always wear light good quality sneaks. My rubber pesticide boots slip right over them. And when not spraying, I do not want to be carrying around the extra weight of boots all day. Tried that before and switched to sneaks and wish I did sooner. The darker colors do not show the grass stains and dirt as much as white does. So the darker the better. Get Air Orthotic insoles to replace the the insoles that come with the shoe. They will last a year and cost extra, but you feel the difference, and it is worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM
SonoranScapes SonoranScapes is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
Well I am going against the consensus here & say they are OK, if they are comfortable and they are light weight. I always wear light good quality sneaks. My rubber pesticide boots slip right over them. And when not spraying, I do not want to be carrying around the extra weight of boots all day. Tried that before and switched to sneaks and wish I did sooner. The darker colors do not show the grass stains and dirt as much as white does. So the darker the better. Get Air Orthotic insoles to replace the the insoles that come with the shoe. They will last a year and cost extra, but you feel the difference, and it is worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, whatever works for ya I guess. I value my toes though, and I've dropped plenty of stuff that would have really hurt without steel toe boots
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranScapes View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, whatever works for ya I guess. I value my toes though, and I've dropped plenty of stuff that would have really hurt without steel toe boots
I am close to 80, but my feet still move fast. It is easier to shuffle in sneaks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Lovett's Avatar
Lovett Lovett is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbia,SC
Posts: 66
Yeah I must say the mesh New Balance sneakers I had were not so great when it came to the weed eater flinging rocks, mulch, etc right onto my toes. Sometimes it could make me stop for a few seconds and grinch.

These Skechers offer a bit more comfort and are light weight. Plus they have a bit more thickness protecting the foot. It is real easy to shuffle around in these.

One reason I kind of veered away from boots was because of the weight and comfort. Maybe I can look into Red Wings and see what they are about and check out the varying options in that brand.

And never heard of Justin boots. I may check those out too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.07616 seconds with 10 queries