Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

How about these work shoes!?

Ok guys I picked up these for five bucks at a local flea market. They are definitely gently used, like new.

And I am in need of a new pair of work shoes.

I seem to like shoes over boots, not sure why, and before I put these to use I'd like your thoughts, opinions, experience, etc on how these may turn out. I had an idea of reselling them (may clear $40ish or so) if they aren't the way to go.

To sum it up I walk around alot everyday weed eating (walking on hills and slopes), blowing (walking on sidewalks and upstairs), hauling trash, edging, etc.

I wonder if these Skechers Work shoes are up to the task long term (6 + months)?

I understand seeing these are velcro that could wear out quickly if not cared for properly.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think they look very unprofessional.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah they don't look like your typical "landscaping shoes" eh?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Sponsor

Donate them to Good Will and buy an actual pair of work boots, Yes I use Red-Wing boots and my feet,self are worth it.
easy-lift guy
Old 08-08-2014, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Red wing all the way. worth the money! Mine lasted well over 3 years.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovett View Post
Ok guys I picked up these for five bucks at a local flea market. They are definitely gently used, like new.

And I am in need of a new pair of work shoes.

I seem to like shoes over boots, not sure why, and before I put these to use I'd like your thoughts, opinions, experience, etc on how these may turn out. I had an idea of reselling them (may clear $40ish or so) if they aren't the way to go.

To sum it up I walk around alot everyday weed eating (walking on hills and slopes), blowing (walking on sidewalks and upstairs), hauling trash, edging, etc.

I wonder if these Skechers Work shoes are up to the task long term (6 + months)?

I understand seeing these are velcro that could wear out quickly if not cared for properly.

Thanks.
What ? Are you like 80 years old? Get some Justin boots
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I am going against the consensus here & say they are OK, if they are comfortable and they are light weight. I always wear light good quality sneaks. My rubber pesticide boots slip right over them. And when not spraying, I do not want to be carrying around the extra weight of boots all day. Tried that before and switched to sneaks and wish I did sooner. The darker colors do not show the grass stains and dirt as much as white does. So the darker the better. Get Air Orthotic insoles to replace the the insoles that come with the shoe. They will last a year and cost extra, but you feel the difference, and it is worth it.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
Well I am going against the consensus here & say they are OK, if they are comfortable and they are light weight. I always wear light good quality sneaks. My rubber pesticide boots slip right over them. And when not spraying, I do not want to be carrying around the extra weight of boots all day. Tried that before and switched to sneaks and wish I did sooner. The darker colors do not show the grass stains and dirt as much as white does. So the darker the better. Get Air Orthotic insoles to replace the the insoles that come with the shoe. They will last a year and cost extra, but you feel the difference, and it is worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, whatever works for ya I guess. I value my toes though, and I've dropped plenty of stuff that would have really hurt without steel toe boots
Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranScapes View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, whatever works for ya I guess. I value my toes though, and I've dropped plenty of stuff that would have really hurt without steel toe boots
I am close to 80, but my feet still move fast. It is easier to shuffle in sneaks.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I must say the mesh New Balance sneakers I had were not so great when it came to the weed eater flinging rocks, mulch, etc right onto my toes. Sometimes it could make me stop for a few seconds and grinch.

These Skechers offer a bit more comfort and are light weight. Plus they have a bit more thickness protecting the foot. It is real easy to shuffle around in these.

One reason I kind of veered away from boots was because of the weight and comfort. Maybe I can look into Red Wings and see what they are about and check out the varying options in that brand.

And never heard of Justin boots. I may check those out too.