Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-09-2014, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovett View Post
Yeah I must say the mesh New Balance sneakers I had were not so great when it came to the weed eater flinging rocks, mulch, etc right onto my toes. Sometimes it could make me stop for a few seconds and grinch.

These Skechers offer a bit more comfort and are light weight. Plus they have a bit more thickness protecting the foot. It is real easy to shuffle around in these.

One reason I kind of veered away from boots was because of the weight and comfort. Maybe I can look into Red Wings and see what they are about and check out the varying options in that brand.

And never heard of Justin boots. I may check those out too.
My Keen boots will beat any "tennis" shoes for all day work comfort. Dry feet all day is worth the cost alone.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovett View Post
Yeah I must say the mesh New Balance sneakers I had were not so great when it came to the weed eater flinging rocks, mulch, etc right onto my toes. Sometimes it could make me stop for a few seconds and grinch.

These Skechers offer a bit more comfort and are light weight. Plus they have a bit more thickness protecting the foot. It is real easy to shuffle around in these.

One reason I kind of veered away from boots was because of the weight and comfort. Maybe I can look into Red Wings and see what they are about and check out the varying options in that brand.

And never heard of Justin boots. I may check those out too.
Justin or Red Wings are really good boots, I've had both. I will say though, if you want some extremely comfortable work boots, take a look at the Georgia Boot Wedge. They are the closest thing to sneakers I've ever worn in a work boot.

http://www.georgiaboot.com/farm_boots/georgia-steel-toe-wedge-work-boots/G8342.html?dwvar_G8342_color=24#q=Wedge&simplesearch=Go&start=1
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure those aren't corrective shoes for people with different length legs???
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-07-2014, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I also think they look un-professional and don't like the way they look. I prefer boots over shoes for working, actually I prefer boots over shoes for just about everything.

You said you liked shoes over boots. I use to say the same thing. I couldn't stand wearing boots. What it was is I was trying out cheap boots that didn't wear good. I have never tried Red Wings but hear there really good.

I found a style of Timberlands that I get in dark brown that is full leather and steel toe that I love. I can wear them all day. I have never been able to wear a steel toe boot due to weight and comfort. These I can't even tell are steel toe when wearing them.

You said you are walking on hills and such as most of us do, in my opinion that's more reason to get a good pair of over the ankle boots, it stiffens up the ankle area making you less prone to roll an ankle, etc.

I don't skimp when it comes to my feet anymore. I say go to some stores that sell real work boots, not cheap boots. Try some on and find a style that fits and wears perfect. Then buy them.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't get the "unprofessional" comments.

Do shoes earn you money? make sales?

Most guys on here wear T shirts and Jeans, very few wear real uniforms (sorry your name screen printed on a wife beater isn't a uniform) but there is some concern over professional looking shoes?

A pair of boots you wore to the twist n shout last night some how look more professional?

This industry has trouble getting employees, do you turn them away for wearing funny shoes?

OMG dude did you see his shoes? no way he can work here!
We was the perfect employee, if it wasn't for those shoes!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Member

If the shoe fits, wear it! Personally I like boots (weak ankles). Right now i have Red wing King toe's. They are quite comfortable and seem to last along time. But, they are not cheap.