Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-11-2014, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

anyone ever try post cards??

I ordered post cards today. Have any of y'all tried them before and what was the results?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty sure most of everyone has tried EDDM, I think the success rate is around 1-3% from what I hear in my area.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Member

In my daily travels, I wrote down addresses of properties that looked like they could use a little TLC. I mailed them a post card. I sent out about 300. I got 1 response, but I was too expensive for the owner. I now use them as business cards. They are larger; therefore, easier to see when hanging on the fridge.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I have not tried, but have heard the success rate is not that good. I just print out flyers and roll them up, and tie a ribbon around it and throw them on driveways usually. I don't put out many, because I'm part time doing this, but out of 50 or so, I got 1 biweekly job. Not bad for a dollar or two investment i guess.
199? Toro Proline 32" Belt Drive
2006 Cub Cadet 21" Self Propel
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Stihl KM90 Kombi System
Stihl BR600 and BR200
2015 6'4x16' Gatormade Trailer
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $1700 for post cards and got 2 new residential clients. $850 per client is a bit steep.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Damn, well I have already paid good money for them. Hopefully I get a better then average result.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2014, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ide write down the addresses of houses all around my existing accounts then on post card describe your truck ('were the blue n white truck' or whatever) and say that we cut a few doors down from you and are trying to add more accounts in the area . then theyll have something concrete by being able to see your crew n work next time your around . makes a person much more apt to call imo . as opposed to mailing them out everywhere to people who've no idea the kind of work you do , then the post card just becomes another peice of junk mail from an unknown source .

also , when you say 'we cut a few doors down' add which day you cut to increase odds theyll look for you
Old 08-14-2014, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I have done post cards , newspaper, penny saver, a couple of real estate books and my website. But the thing that has worked the best for me are signs off the side of the road. Be careful find out the streets with allot of traffic where the city or county is not going to ***** at you. Buy 1 sheet of osb plywood 2 hinges, 4 2x4's, some stencil's and paint you will be surprised.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHypsie View Post
I have done post cards , newspaper, penny saver, a couple of real estate books and my website. But the thing that has worked the best for me are signs off the side of the road. Be careful find out the streets with allot of traffic where the city or county is not going to ***** at you. Buy 1 sheet of osb plywood 2 hinges, 4 2x4's, some stencil's and paint you will be surprised.
I wish that was legal where I live. Obviously it is legal in your own yard, or the yard of a client if you ask them, but off the road in random places it isn't. I called all the cities I service and the county and they all said no. Meanwhile everyone and their frog have them on light poles, stuck into the ground etc and nobody ever does anything. It is really annoying people breaking the law get business for free meanwhile I am paying hundreds per new client.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Member

here not going to give you a ticket they call and tell you to take it down. You can also try abandon lots or fields private property owned by investors that dont live in the area.