Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2014, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Started a new wall today.

Up on a hill, should be fun.

Stripped the black off, dug to the wall plans and didn't like what I found. Bunch of organics and black dirt. Went down another 4-6" and found good ground. Bobcat is coming out tomorrow to ask me about their machines and some R&D. Then hopefully I can get the wall based out.

And because the grade was so messed up I broke out the laser.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like the houses below get a first class view of your work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2014, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Looks like the houses below get a first class view of your work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, don't drop any round ones
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow I see exactly what you're saying about that being a sketchy jobsite. Great work as always and keep the pics coming. It amazes me how excellent every wall seems to turn out considering you're using natural (odd shaped) boulders.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Yeah, don't drop any round ones
Exactly haha. I watched one that I had set and tapped down into the clay so it would stay, I saw it start moving and caught it before it started rolling too much. They have a mind of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
Wow I see exactly what you're saying about that being a sketchy jobsite. Great work as always and keep the pics coming. It amazes me how excellent every wall seems to turn out considering you're using natural (odd shaped) boulders.
Yeah it's interesting, taking my time. I tweaked my back today from sitting on the slope so long and being at weird angles in the excavator. Got all the base in though. I had the rookie lean going but only because I could see my gaps. Tried adjusting the seat and it didn't help much.

Threw my track off today. It was weird, driving straight with a bucket full of sand, threw it off the sprocket and rear idler. I got the pressure off and it still wouldn't go so I had to get creative being alone.

Two reps from Bobcat came out and talked to me today, pretty interesting and they wanted to know everything I thought about the machine; buckets, coupler, tracks, controls. They were receptive to everything I had to say both good and bad, them just wanting real world info vs. what goes on in a test pit. They liked the window tint too They are doing the same with the excavators in the fall and asked if I would be interested in a bigger group meeting since we have the 85, 180, and 235 excavators and meet with a few more people for a longer amount of time. I'm always down for a little R&D help if it makes it to the machines in the future. The new screens that are going into new units are going to be sweet.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Tell them that on the E50 that the zerk on the track extension needs to be checked from the factory…Mine was broken in an odd way, and of course the track came off twice..It is a pain to get back on..Further I always check the left hand side one as it seems to loosen up a bit more than the right hand side….I`m use to it now, but unfortunately the dealer I purchased it from, isn`t very interested in making things right before delivery…Tony
Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyp View Post
Tell them that on the E50 that the zerk on the track extension needs to be checked from the factory…Mine was broken in an odd way, and of course the track came off twice..It is a pain to get back on..Further I always check the left hand side one as it seems to loosen up a bit more than the right hand side….I`m use to it now, but unfortunately the dealer I purchased it from, isn`t very interested in making things right before delivery…Tony
I'll let him know. I brought up zerk placement on the quick-tach.

Love drain tile

Tight outside corners are a treat with boulders

2 hours worth of packing

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I picked the house up and moved it a couple feet

Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Old 08-15-2014, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys put any crushed rock down over the drain tile or just the sand material?