Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-16-2014, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Rain rain rain rain

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Count your blessings. We're struggling once again. 5 days straight of 100-102 + temps with over 68% humidity. No rain in site. I had to turn our irrigation on for two hours last night, the Zoysia was starting to look like Bermuda thinning and drying out. Seen a customers foundation cracked today.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My daily rant, pull up to a house today, customer comes out immediately and asks me why didn't I mow under the brush pile in the back last time. I didn't remember what he was talking about and told him I'd take a look when I get back there. He then asked me if I could throw the brush in the back of my truck. By the tone in his voice, he didn't want to "pay for it." This man literally expected me to put three piles of brush in the back of the truck and haul it off for free. I told him, the dump fee, my fuel fee, and a labor cost to load it, haul it, and dump it. The crazy man with a BMW in the garage then tells me, oh, never mind that. Can you just mow over it or "mulch" it. I then t old him sure, if your going to give me $60.00 for a new set of blades, $50.00 for a belt, and the cash for any other damage to a $5,000.00 mower that's meant for mowing grass, not brush. Then the lunatic tells me I can just move it and mow the area under it. I told if I moved three piles of brush, assuming I could do it in ten minutes, at 60 customers, would equate to 600 minutes. 600 minutes / 60 minutes = 10 hours. At $50.00 an hour, I would be losing $500.00 per week / bi-weekly if I moved the same piles for everyone else. I REFUSE to move it. I will haul it for xx price. I will move i and mow under it for this price $xx. He gave me a check for the mow and walked in the house without saying anything back, nor even responding. I HATE CHEAP SKATES. If I didn't need money due to rebuilding engines on the John Deer, a new truck purchase, and a new little one on the way, I would have dumped him then and there. Granted at the end of the season, I'll never see him again.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I think the next time I even see a lawyer and say hi, I'm going to immediately pull $12 out of my pocket and hand it to her, say thanks for the talk and walk away. Furious over this lawyers bill that charged me .2 hours for each email sent. $360 to read ten emails.. I'm in the wrong business. The worst part is I was charged for the very first call to the office $108 to set up a consultation. They should just make you put in your credit card information right when you call the office like the phone sex lines for $3/min.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-16-2014, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
I hadn't slowed down at all til August hit....then I hit a brick wall.
Same here now lots of rain all year and through the state last 2 weeks all has missed us, mowed up a dust storm Thurs grass is still growing though from all the rain previously in the year.

Got whiplash from that girl hitting my trailer first collision I have been in it freaking sucks, worked all day yesterday jacked up bad.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Man View Post
I think the next time I even see a lawyer and say hi, I'm going to immediately pull $12 out of my pocket and hand it to her, say thanks for the talk and walk away. Furious over this lawyers bill that charged me .2 hours for each email sent. $360 to read ten emails.. I'm in the wrong business. The worst part is I was charged for the very first call to the office $108 to set up a consultation. They should just make you put in your credit card information right when you call the office like the phone sex lines for $3/min.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's why you need a friend thats a lawyer lol, I just my text buddy, drop in, or message him on facebook free info all day haha

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Its looking too be a real short season.
Finally got some rain on Logan Martin Lake area!! Grass was getting pretty crispy!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C. View Post
Finally got some rain on Logan Martin Lake area!! Grass was getting pretty crispy!!!
Everything did turn green again, althought my schedule is all messed up now.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know you got rain Larry had to get swamped down there

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 08-17-2014, 03:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
Count your blessings. We're struggling once again. 5 days straight of 100-102 + temps with over 68% humidity. No rain in site. I had to turn our irrigation on for two hours last night, the Zoysia was starting to look like Bermuda thinning and drying out. Seen a customers foundation cracked today.
I've got a buddy that lives in your part of the country. He has a big fish pond that is open to the public. He said it was so dry there yesterday there were 3 people that caught fish that had ticks on 'em!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My helper got a arrested yesterday. I texted him this morning at 7:15 saying don't worry about working since it was raining, not knowing that he was in jail. His girlfriend called me this morning asking me for the $500 to give the bondsman so she could get him out. Uh, no.
Posted via Mobile Device