Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2014, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's definitely helped my business grow and Mark is always receptive and quickly responds to feedback. A mobile app?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel like the software is being over-developed. I would love if the mobile version was actually more friendly to mobile phones. Emailing invoices is still a royal PITA. With a mobile phone we need a button to click in the clients invoice that will automatically send an email. It would get rid of the pop-up email preview nightmare. The fewer pages I have to load on my phone the better.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx62003 View Post
It's definitely helped my business grow and Mark is always receptive and quickly responds to feedback. A mobile app?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi Kawizx62003,

It's great to hear that Yardbook is working out for you. Here is where we are with respect to mobile: “Our plan is to improve our mobile experience in stages. Initially, we want to enhance the mobile browser experience. Most of our pages can already be displayed in a mobile browser, but we want to make optimizations so that these pages look more mobile-friendly for smaller screens. Once that's done, we will start building an app. Probably later in the year.”

We are still on track to start developing a mobile app later this year.

Mark

Watch the Introduction Video (1 min)
Try Yardbook as a Guest User (no signup required)

Contact us: support@yardbook.com
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
I feel like the software is being over-developed. I would love if the mobile version was actually more friendly to mobile phones. Emailing invoices is still a royal PITA. With a mobile phone we need a button to click in the clients invoice that will automatically send an email. It would get rid of the pop-up email preview nightmare. The fewer pages I have to load on my phone the better.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. For users who are happy with the default email messages, I agree it would be nice to have a quick send button to skip the preview/edit popup. Weíll work on getting this added into Yardbook in a future release.

Mark

Old 07-30-2014, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Over-developed? What does that even mean? Writing native clients for android and iOS should be a thing of the past. I think in time the mobile version of the website will be refined and all the bugs worked out, just hang in there.

I do most of my yardbook work on my laptop or desktop, only time I bring up the mobile version is to get a customers address or phone number..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! You shouldn't be using yardbook all the time on your mobile... You are a business and should have a laptop... Or desktop.. Just saying..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I respectfully disagree. While the mobile browser experience is very good now IMO, there is definitely a need for a mobile app that can be synced. I'm glad to hear that an app is in the cards down the road.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yardbook help needed! I have made a customer inactive before and it was easy. I cant seem to do it now. Anyone know? Also, how to cancel or delete recurring jobs? Basically when someone stops weekly service I need to cancel all future jobs.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx62003;5093404 View Post
Yardbook help needed! I have made a customer inactive before and it was easy. I cant seem to do it now. Anyone know? Also, how to cancel or delete recurring jobs? Basically when someone stops weekly service I need to cancel all future jobs.
Hi Kawizx62003,

When you try to delete a customer record by clicking on the red trash icon, the system will ask you if youíd like to make it inactive instead. Here is a video tutorial on customer management which covers this item.

As for stopping recurring jobs, Iíve created an FAQ which shows you how to do this.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 08-16-2014, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks again Mark.