Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
There are no G4 BiPin LED lamps on the market that will produce the 350 to 400 Lumens you are looking for. They simply do not exist. I would do what Tim suggests and use a 60 Degree LED MR16 lamp with additional lensing as required.
Wrong again Mr. Talcattaurass. Just discovered today that Fusa Corp. has a 4.8w G4 Omni directional LED that is supposed to be equivalent to a 35w bi-pin. I believe he said something around 380 lumens but not sure. I have some on the way for testing so I'll let you know what I find. Never say never..... even when you are trying to sound like someone with all the answers.
By the way, you're welcome.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Wrong again Mr. Talcattaurass. Just discovered today that Fusa Corp. has a 4.8w G4 Omni directional LED that is supposed to be equivalent to a 35w bi-pin. I believe he said something around 380 lumens but not sure. I have some on the way for testing so I'll let you know what I find. Never say never..... even when you are trying to sound like someone with all the answers.
By the way, you're welcome.
I do hope it comes with fully potted drivers and includes a proper heat sink so that the heat does not burn up the phosphors on the dies in a matter of a few hundred hours.

But hey, what do I know about quality LED lamps?

Carry on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Chris, I just looked up the spec. sheet of that lamp you are referring to. Yep, it's going to be bright at 364 claimed lumens... but with open architecture for the driver and no heat sink for the chips... well I guess if you are into installing that type of thing, then go for it. Other claims that need some more supporting data are:

80+ CRI. Really well is it 80 or 83 or 90 or 95? Why the ambiguity?
Efficacy of 91 Lm/W. Well that is astounding if true, approaching Cree lab results. I would love to see the raw data on that one.
50,000+ hour life. Amazing, for something so bright and with no heat sinks that is pushing incredible. In fact, if it is true, why isnt the L70 as determined by LM80 testing included as a reference to this number?

Bottom line, with LED anything, if the product is not backed up by the availability of actual test results then I remain skeptical.

Light On!

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 08-15-2014, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

As I mentioned, testing is on the way. I'll be sure to provide honest and objective feedback as I have no allegiance to anyone other than myself. Thank you for the feedback!
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
As I mentioned, testing is on the way. I'll be sure to provide honest and objective feedback as I have no allegiance to anyone other than myself. Thank you for the feedback!
I hope they can provide you with the photometric testing results that are generated by a certified independent lab. Anything else could be subjective marketing buzz.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

James,
If it is acceptable to you, I will drop ship one of each of their product line (at my cost) to you for testing. Obviously fudging numbers and ratings is not a new practice in this industry, so I will divert this to you as I'm confident that your expertise, integrity and knowledge will be the most practical way to answer these questions and put an end to your insulting comments about another company who's only crime is providing a product for sale with no "gun to your head" demanding that you purchase it. PM your shipping info and I'll get the products heading your way........ will you then shut up about it please?

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry Chris. I am not in the LED Lamp business anymore so I don't have access to all of the photometry to do the testing. I am sure that the manufacturer will be more than willing to send you the data though as they must have submitted the lamps to proper lab testing in order to make their claims. In the mean time, I will stick with LED products that back up their claims with published data from certified testing facilities.

Light On.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 08-18-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Touché James
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Very well then. Since you no longer have the means to back up your criticisms with factual data, then I will agree that we will assume that the ratings in which we are provided by the provider of these materials (including the data you recently provided based on your research of the spec sheets) is factual and true until proven otherwise. That being said, I see no reason to continue bashing, condemning and insulting another businessman on the quality of their wares. When you came out with your LED line, I distinctly remember testing them along with Joey D. from Unique at the AOLP conference several years back. Up to, and until that point, I did not have any negative comments about your product. After that challenge, however, it was obvious that your claims were also exaggerated in regard to lumen output and performance. Perhaps that's why you no are no longer pursuing that venture, but a moot point nonetheless. Regardless, I didn't publicly try to ruin your reputation even after your lamps failed miserably so I would expect that you, of all people, would have a little more class and consideration. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Testing complete. I'm still looking for an Omni-directional 35w equivalent bi-pin that I can use in wall wash type fixtures.