Register free!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

I have never used a Boominator Nozzle but I did study the specs before going with the Tee Jet Flood Jet Nozzle. The Flood Jet doesn't spray as wide as the Boominator which was important to Me because I have smaller yards. The Flood Jet is also a lot cheaper at about $ 10.00 to $ 20.00. I also liked the better GPM size selection of the Flood jet. Fact is I use the Flood Jets on my Ride on Fire Ant sprayer that puts out 5 gallon per thousand @ 3 MPH. But the smaller nozzles could be used for herbicide very easy.

I always liked the coverage/control I got with the floodjet myself(They were what was on my PG ultra)
My question is, is WeedMan using this boominator tip on a handheld piece because like others have said, it sprays pretty wide and in my estimation would be dangerous around ornamentals and pretty much useless for trimming?
I haven't seen Weedman(WeedHippy is what I call him here. He has a pony tail) use anything like what some are speaking of. He has a truck/tank/hose reel with a PG Magnum on the back and comes here from a city 45 minutes away.
I'm interested, but skeptical...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 08-22-2014, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBK View Post
Why would you take the Chemlawn tip off for the bucket test. I've been spraying for 30years with 3 different company's and never took the tip off.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's odd. Without the tip you are not going to have the back pressure hence you won't get the true flow rate...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, they were always adamant about us removing the tip for the bucket check. so i dunno.. guess i'll keep it on! After seeing the difference out of the zspray reel with and without the tip.. it totally makes sense to leave it on.

I did talk to a trugreen tech this week. I watched him pull up to a 3,000 sq. ft. yard. He was spraying it with a Wand.. blanket apping. I push mowed and trimmed the yard across the street and he was still not done. lol. He tried to skip the backyard but the customer came out and yelled at him.. it was so funny. so, I went over and talked to him when i was done. I thought they must have been starting pre-emergents and using wands now.. but this round they are spraying dismiss and celsius only. they are rotating techs out in my area very often now. could be good news for me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBK View Post
That's odd. Without the tip you are not going to have the back pressure hence you won't get the true flow rate...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2014, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

This is what weedman uses. A friend of man used to own a weed man franchise. Turned me on to them.
http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=71