LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajoe808 View Post
Tony saved whiffys life
I believe it !!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2014, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking as much as I can to come up with a really effective way to send people to my website and request an estimate.

Perhaps at the beginning of the mowing season on a Saturday I can create a catchy post card type post telling people they can get a quote to mow their lawn withing 1 hour if they request it during that day. I could have it link to my site with my "request a free estimate" form there. I could set that day apart as doing quotes. 90% of the lawns in my area can be measured effectively via findlotsize.com so I think I could pull it off. Does this sound effective to anyone, or do you think it would get minimal results?
Old 08-24-2014, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

It's hard to get people to "take action" but having a "one hour quote" isn't a bad idea, the good thing it with digital ads it's easy to test. Do it for one day, you can turn on and off the ad depending on how it works it be out only a few dollars, unlike printing something up. Just know a clickthough of 1% and a conversion of those people who do click of 10% is VERY good.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Cedar, the most effective way I've come up with is to have a well SEO'd website and post to Craigslist and Google AdWords. Have you done these things?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislawncare View Post
Cedar, the most effective way I've come up with is to have a well SEO'd website and post to Craigslist and Google AdWords. Have you done these things?
Yeah, Those 3 things are how I get the majority of my clients. I am trying to figure out a good way to use facebook adds though. They are pretty new and I don't think people in this industry have much experience using them to know what's most effective. I feel like there is good potential if the right things were done.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not going to get into it a whole lot because it's really a bad subject.

Facebook is a waste of time and money. Facebook has never been a good tool for advertising...remember a few years ago all the big motor companies stopped ad's? Then they changed....and they are still just as bad.

I spent $400 just to see what it would do. Not 1 customer gained.

Someone posted a link to a youtube video that explains how it's a waste of time and money. If I can find the link I'll post it.

Bottom line, save your money and use it elsewhere.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
I'm not going to get into it a whole lot because it's really a bad subject.

Facebook is a waste of time and money. Facebook has never been a good tool for advertising...remember a few years ago all the big motor companies stopped ad's? Then they changed....and they are still just as bad.

I spent $400 just to see what it would do. Not 1 customer gained.

Someone posted a link to a youtube video that explains how it's a waste of time and money. If I can find the link I'll post it.

Bottom line, save your money and use it elsewhere.
What aspects of their advertising did you use?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd like to follow up too. For instance last weekend I did a regular "ad posting" after about $7 of spend I found it that it was doing HORRIBLE so i just stopped it.

I've found that boosted posts for ME work better than advertisements. Also marketing to fans and their friends work better than demographic targeting. I can tell you from that $19 I got 4 new signups. That's why I think blanket "this doesn't work" doesn't apply no matter the marketing medium. If I made flyers with a sharpie and notebook paper they probably aren't going to work too well. GrassMonkey I have seen the video you are talking about, click fraud is a real thing in facebook, but remember if all the advertisers leave they have no company, my guess is it's pretty high priority for them to fix it. Same was true of Google in the early years. People complained of click fraud all the time. I agree it exists, I also think depending on how you run the ads you can minimize it. I micromanage what little I spend on there.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=ptjackson;5100769 That's why I think blanket "this doesn't work" doesn't apply no matter the marketing medium. [/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Maybe something doesn't work at all, maybe it just doesn't work for me, or maybe I am just doing it wrong. That's why it's nice to be able to bounce things off others here, especially when the feedback is from someone with perspective.

Did you catch this post Phil: http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/stumbleupon-remarketing ?

Not something for the average LCO, but maybe good for someone like you?