Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-11-2000, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Folks,

I'm looking to make some online purchases of supplies, and after searching through Northern, Alamia, Landscapers Supply, etc., the one site I found that had all I need in one quick order (and free shipping!) is Landscaper Connection (http://www.landscapers.com). However, after a brief Search at Lawnsite, I found no apparent messages containing info on this place. As I value your opinions greatly, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has ordered from this site and if you were satisfied with your purchase/service.

Anything you got would be greatly appreciated, as there are several items I need immediately and would rather not drive around to store after store picking 'em up, or site after site to order 'em. I prefer one-stop shopping when I can get it.

Thanks in advance!

-TGC
Old 10-11-2000, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The one time I ordered from them all of the stuff I ordered showed up in one large crushed box. Air filters were crushed, grease tubes bent up etc. etc. I ordered 2 Veri trimmer heads that were supposed to be the same. One had a right hand thread, 1 had a left hand thread. The Gator Mulchers I got from them turned out to not exactly be Gator Mulchers, the wings were turned in the opposite direction from Gators and they didn't work worth a darn. I only buy parts from my dealer or Landscaper Supply now.

Old 10-11-2000, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked into Landscape Connection. I buy my parts and goodies, either from a local dealer or J Thomas Dist. they have a web-site, pricing is a couple of dollars cheaper from J Thomas. I have never had a problem with them.
Old 10-11-2000, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have ordered from Landscaper Connection before. I guess I'm the lucky one that hasn't had any problems!

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 10-12-2000, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, folks, for the replies. I believe I'll go with majority here and skip on LC for my supplies. I'll go ahead and get what I can from my local dealer and OSH, and order through one of the preferred online sites for the things I can't find locally.

Thanks again!
Old 10-13-2000, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Gator Mulchers I got from them turned out to not exactly be Gator Mulchers, the wings were turned in the opposite direction from Gators and they didn't work worth a darn

Had to bring this back up to ask another question: Which way are they supposed to point? I got my 'gator' blades from my local dealer, but the quizzical look on his face when I called them that lead me later to believe he hadn't heard the term before. I suspect I may have psuedo-gators myself, and am tempted to order a couple from Landscaper Supply just to satisfy my curiosity.

So, my question is:

Which way should the gators be pointing? Mine point out toward the deck...

-TGC
Old 10-13-2000, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Though I would try landscapers supply for myself. Will stay with http://www.mowmore.com Customer service is important to me.
Old 10-13-2000, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

TGCummings wrote:

{Which way should the gators be pointing? Mine point out toward the deck...}

I'll assume you're talking about the outside of the deck. Yes, this is the correct direction for Gators. Real Gators also have an alligator stamped into them.