Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-26-2000, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right, I have no idea.<p>When you've spent over 2/3rds of your life in this industry, mowed with almost every rotary mower - including Lesco - and make over a 6 figure income, then you can tell me I have no idea.<p>In the meantime, keep doing your &quot;x-large&quot; sites with your 48&quot; walk-behinds.
Old 06-27-2000, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Member

In the 17 years I've been in the buisness, I have used many different brands of mowers.There are alot of good mowers out there and everyone has there own favorite brand just like cars or trucks. I have 6 lesco 48 belts and they have been great.I also have 6 hydro exmarks and 3 Lazer Z's which have been super mowers as well. In the past Ransomes gave me many years of service.<br>Innovative or not all were good mowers.<br>Has far as Toro being innovative all they do is buy the company and call it there own.(that's innovative?) and they would be my last choice.And some of the choppers I.ve seen I could cut better with my line trimmer<br>As far as Lesco sevice centers, I'm sure there are some bad ones, but I have to say the ones in the Twin Cities MN go out of there way to service me. I live an hour south of the cities and they will bring me anything I need.And the staff are some of the most knowledgeable people I have met.<br>I guess I might be one of the lucky ones but<br>Lesco has been a great company and has went out of there way to help my buisness.<br>Just 2 cents<br>
Old 06-27-2000, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Stone, about those cans of beer...got a spare??
Old 06-28-2000, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lakegastonlawns Toro bought out Exmark and toro put there name on it as far as toro not being an inovator they have designed one hell of a deck and I do own one and probably switch all my mowers to toro. The frame and components don't cut the grass the deck does so I think toro is doing a hell of a job.
Old 06-28-2000, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

trimmer, i agree with you. I bought my first toro at the end of last year wich is the z master. I was very close to buying the exmark since its the same machine but after i tried the toro i bought it... toro makes the best deck available... i couldnt care less if they use other peoples components... they take the good features of exmark and add there own special touches.... my next mower will definitly be a toro also!