Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

QPR 6690 hot tar crack filler from Lowes

I just wanted to see if anyone ever used this crack filler before and what your thoughts are on the quality of the product. It's a lot cheaper than the other products I have been using. If I buy 10 boxes I can get it for $37 a box compared to almost $50 a box of Crackmaster from sealmaster.

thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I will tell you a tip from someone(me) that used to work with this company.
They sell good products; that is geared for that semi pro quality at a reduced price.
I have used their products for crack filling. The gray and the black.
Both is made for homeowner use and not necessarily from pro quality product usage.
Both shrinks or splits from the surface.
I use SL-1 for concrete cracks and quality sealers from Lansing Com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

The rubber lowes sells is a good quality, but price is not that great. You can get much better pricing from your sealcoating suppliers by the skid.we pay about 28 per 50 pound box by the semi load for parkinglot rubber.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Buy 54 boxes and get a free melter thats what we do. Well at least the lowes in my area have that offer. we get it at 37 dollars per box for 54 boxes thats 1998.00 (plus taxes of course) but if you add the free melter we get. Average price for a melter (New) is 800-1100 dollars (800 dollars being a home made or small business made melter) 1100 is what you would pay at seal master. So lets say this subtract 1000 from 2200.00 you have 1200.00 for 54 boxes thats about 22.22 A BOX. thats a nice deal. Plus you can always sell the melters if you have to many and use that money for another 54 boxes. We do that alot. And the melters are good quality. It comes with torch and regulator for gas tank. Be careful because you can only buy one per company name. So what we do we buy under our names not the business name. So it helps having a big family 😉😅
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jimtz23; 01-24-2015 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

how do you like the rubber itself? how does it differ from sea ma ect? it says not to park on it or it might pull some up, have you had any trouble with that? can you put sand on top? the price is good, i think i might try a box. thanks.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I've used it. Not bad. I do however prefer to spend the extra money on Crack master supreme. Maybe it's just me but I think it doesn't flow from my MA 10 as well as other products do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2015, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Member

first we clean the cracks, then we fill the cracks. Then we have some one going behind us putting sand on top (they wait a little for the material to cool because if its still hot the sand will go down But if its to cold the sand wont stick as good.. Doesnt matter if its crack master or qpr 6690 We always put sand. And it holds pretty good we give a 1 year guarantee on all our jobs we only had a hand full call us days after we completed the jobs. (same with crack master)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive used the lowes brand and I personally dont think it flows as nice and I dont think it lasts as long. I tried it for a summer and got a bunch of meltors like you are doing to off set the price. But in the long run the customers cracks split sooner then other brands. At first when I was getting it for $27.50 a box per 54 with a free meltor it was a steal of a deal! But I was in it for the long run and none of the cracks were holding up after a Michigan winter.
The auction house loved me though! Once a week I would bring a melter there!
Old 02-09-2015, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

We have normal winters in my area you can say. But last year was a long winter with alot of snow. Commercial accounts that we plow on the winter that we did the cracks in the summer never opened up. Like i said i have had the same number of calls when using the crack master from sealmaster. Now dont believe me on this but i dont remember is our sealmaster supplier or the guys at lowes told us that the same company makes em
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know the answer to that on the maker being the same. And ever area depending on the winter can be different....cold warm cold hot. But I do know the bags that the blocks are wrapped in are a different bag/different plastic material. Again could be location of where it is manufacted.