Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2014, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What the heck, Im sick of Winter and it aint even got here yet.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Past 2 days have felt like October with the breezes from the TS. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Nice 3 day reprieve is always great.

Looking forward to the long weekend. Got plenty to do next month.
Man the last three days have been great. Low 90's but winds ... What a difference. Told my guys today not to get used too it. Got a feeling Mother Nature is going to make us pay

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Man the last three days have been great. Low 90's but winds ... What a difference. Told my guys today not to get used too it. Got a feeling Mother Nature is going to make us pay
Even if it happens, we are just about done with the 2 worst months in Florida. Imo the second half of September starts to get a tad bit better and then once october hits you are looking at 85 high and low humidity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Even if it happens, we are just about done with the 2 worst months in Florida. Imo the second half of September starts to get a tad bit better and then once october hits you are looking at 85 high and low humidity.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree...that breeze was not present today like the last three though....I can tell you that.

I am just pleased that things continue to grow. Chris just had my PCO partner move into a new neighborhood with $600K plus homes. Only 30 properties in this gated community. Guess what type of grass they all have.........Empire Zoysia....guess who has reel mowing service on two of those 30 lots already with most still being built.... ....all nice 7 or 8 K lots too...not cheap services.... I am thrilled about reel mowing

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yesterday was like a slap in the face compared to the previous couple of days which were very fall like and much welcomed. Forecast for today had us getting washed out so I worked late and did all of Friday's yesterday and now sitting here with no sign of rain yet!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its been a long week and I worked late thurs so I slept in Friday as I only had a few yards to do. Set out about noon and it started pouring. They cooler weather earlier in the week sure was nice!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2014, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
Its been a long week and I worked late thurs so I slept in Friday as I only had a few yards to do. Set out about noon and it started pouring. They cooler weather earlier in the week sure was nice!
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't get how guys can do this. I start at 8 am everyday, helps to get acclimated to the heat, hell it's already 80°, plus the earlier I start the more I can get done before the rains set in.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I don't get how guys can do this. I start at 8 am everyday, helps to get acclimated to the heat, hell it's already 80°, plus the earlier I start the more I can get done before the rains set in.
I don't typically do this. I'm normally leaving the house at 8. It was a long week though so I wanted to sleep in. The heat doesn't really bother me, though. I may make it a habit to start mowing at eight. It would be really nice to be done and wrapped up about three or four.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I guess if I didn't have a full schedule I could sleep in... I try and be on the 1st property at 8 and will finish when I get done (normal day 3:30 to 4) I usually won't start a property after 6 pm.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I guess if I didn't have a full schedule I could sleep in... I try and be on the 1st property at 8 and will finish when I get done (normal day 3:30 to 4) I usually won't start a property after 6 pm.
With the volume numbers that I am at right now...we do start a property after 6 every day of the week. No complaints so far.

We start out at 7 and by the time we sharpen and change blades etc...it is &7:30 before we hit the gas station. We generally fill up and hit the first lawn between 7:45 and 8. My homeowners tend to be either younger working folks or stay at home workers or this is their secondary home....so most are up and going or absent at 7:45 as they are most likely making their commute into Orlando.