Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Drakeslayer Drakeslayer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I've probably asked you a thousand times what brand it is but i havent gotten a chance to come steal your enclosed yet.
They just arent big here. Just the basic concrete buggy at rental yards.

You guys want to be jealous? I have an 80 yd fill job next week in a backyard all via wheelbarrow. I can rent a tracked concrete buggy for 200/day that holds a half yard. With two guys on regular barrows do you think i can do it in a day? Two? My gehl will be loading them out front. 50 yd distance
Posted via Mobile Device
3 days. That's if they show up on day 2 and 3.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeslayer View Post
3 days. That's if they show up on day 2 and 3.
I doubt all 3 of them will make it till the end. That's like 5 triaxles full of fill. I would call in sick myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
zedosix's Avatar
zedosix zedosix is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I've probably asked you a thousand times what brand it is but i havent gotten a chance to come steal your enclosed yet.
They just arent big here. Just the basic concrete buggy at rental yards.

You guys want to be jealous? I have an 80 yd fill job next week in a backyard all via wheelbarrow. I can rent a tracked concrete buggy for 200/day that holds a half yard. With two guys on regular barrows do you think i can do it in a day? Two? My gehl will be loading them out front. 50 yd distance
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh sorry if I didn't reply, one of them is a cormidi 800 and the other is called a dumpy 800. Bought this one in 04, put a new motor and tracks on it, a bit of hydraulic work around 5 yrs back. Its a back and time saver for the tight access jobs.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 PM
zedosix's Avatar
zedosix zedosix is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 2,409
This goes back to 07' I was demoing a 353 but bought the Kubota instead. I still have the gehl skid steer, but its just for shop duty
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,048
Your guys must all be soft! We did 20 the other day by lunch with two wheelers and i was loading with the mini ex.

Zedo, you put a skid on the dumpy or on the cormidi also?
Incredibly enough cormidi has a dealer 5 mins from me
http://www.malveseequipment.com/cormidi1.htm
I will call them tomorrow and see if they actually have any inventory and try to get a rental or better yet free demo
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-26-2014, 10:19 PM
zedosix's Avatar
zedosix zedosix is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 2,409
I put about 5, or 6 layers on a pallet on top, while carrying the other 4 layers inside. You have a dealer 5 mins from you, man.... get your ass down there and try one out, you're going to buy it when you're done, cause your guys will quit if you bring it back to the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-27-2014, 08:35 AM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I moved 4 tri axes of fill with a t110 in one day. Not sure how that would equate to wheel barrows lol

Was filling a pool in. And 110 was only thing that would fit between houses
Posted via Mobile Device
We would have used a conveyor system, which only works with gravel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-27-2014, 11:12 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
We would have used a conveyor system, which only works with gravel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Too slow. And requires a machine both to load and spread

It was in Bethesda
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Too slow. And requires a machine both to load and spread

It was in Bethesda
Posted via Mobile Device
Its not that slow, on a diesel powered truck. They wouldn't have a fleet of these trucks if they weren't beneficial. It saves from having to haul in 6 day laborers and then have to worry if they'll even work the next day. Gotta think outside the box. The pitfall is Bethesda has alotta narrow streets.
__________________
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"


My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Its not that slow, on a diesel powered truck. They wouldn't have a fleet of these trucks if they weren't beneficial. It saves from having to haul in 6 day laborers and then have to worry if they'll even work the next day. Gotta think outside the box. The pitfall is Bethesda has alotta narrow streets.
Those are shooter trucks. Sorry I thought you meant actual conveyor system. You can rent conveyor sections from sunbelt to move material.

I had no access to get a truck close enough to have it shot back. Fence went all the way to street along driveway
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.08059 seconds with 10 queries