Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-12-2000, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of vacuum system would you guys recommend for a Bob-cat ZT 19kawi? Thanks
Old 10-12-2000, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

does bobcat make their own?if so its likely the best,if not i like my trac-vac setup,although it will plug up if you really push it in wet grass,but you gotta be flying and taking off 3" to get it to plug.I would buy the 5hp briggs if your only using it a little and a 5.5 honda if you want the best.Avoid the 6hp kohler-they ahve a block sealing problem on the center cases,oil leaks.
Old 10-12-2000, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

JML, Try logging on to Turf Specialty Products. They make a unit that's really similar to the Peco, but it runs right off your blade spindle with a kit. Much like the Exmark ultravac and Grasshopper's setup. 19 hp. should cover it if your running under 60"'s.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-12-2000, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

runner

what is the adress for this turf specialt products?
sound interesting
Old 10-12-2000, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Had to go get a copy of PRO. I'm sorry, I THOUGHT they had a website. I guess they don't. Do you get PRO Magazine? They run small ads in there. Anyway, here is their toll free number, they cansend you some info. 877-720-9116 There is the model 11Z which is smaller with mesh bags, and there is the 15Z, which is a 15 cu. ft. aluminum hopper. Much like the Peco. Let me know when you get the info! Good luck!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-13-2000, 03:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a Commercial edition of the Cyclone Rake by Woodland power products. I plan on using it on my Toro Zmaster and also using it on a older Bolens garden tractor.

I bought it with the intent of a using it as a vaccum system while mowing up leaves as well as doubling as a truck loader on other jobs. If you have not seen one, The collector folds down flat, the engine and blower unit detach from the frame, you can hook up a 15 foot 6 inch collection hose, you can hook up a 15 foot 7 inch discharge hose, you can have it collect debris into 6 polymer collectors that fit inside the main collector, the main collector is 32 bushels or 40 cu. ft. or 300 gallons, all conections are quick release latches, it uses a impeller that bends when stiff objects are sucked up.

What really impressed me was that it did not trailer like a Trac-Vac, thus allowing you to back up without jack-knifing. It also looks more stable (will not tip over) than a Trac-Vac. The mower does not have to carry the wieght, just pull it. It diconnects with just two pins and a latch. You can dump the load or suck it up with it's own vaccum and discharge it 15 feet somewhere else or into a truck. Plus the fact that it could be taken apart quickly and fit into the truck without taking up so much room on the trailer as well as storing it for the 11 months of non-use.

Now, I have not used it yet. Still in the boxes in the shop. But, should have it up and going this next week sometime. I do not have their web address or phone number in front of me at this time. I'll post ASAP.
Old 10-13-2000, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on the name syzer and check out the pics of our equipment, the peco on our great dane works excellent so far, seems to be built very well also..This unit is on a bob cat at one of our dealers here they like the product, looks pretty good to from the cosmetic standpoint. =)
Old 10-13-2000, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1-800-power41

THis is a place out of ohio. They have all kinds of things in there magazine. I'm sure you can find something. Just ask for a catalog.
Old 10-13-2000, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The peco setup is supposed to work real well on th zt200 and the zt219 and from the pics that i have seen ,makes it look like part of the machine,but the price starting around 1,400 in this area is quite steep as far as im concerned
Old 10-13-2000, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

i found the site you were looking for,i use one on my greatdane surfer and it works well.TURF SPECIALTY PRODUCTS

<a href="http://www.scottjaylawns.com">ScottJayLawns.com</a>