Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2014, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Texas' 99 Pack has nothing on Florida.

Grow Healthy to build the Largest Marijuana farm in the Nation. BTW this is a Green Industry related topic.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/po...ations-largest.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

November is going to be a game changer. The issue is that people like you and I....will struggle to find a way to gain legal access to the industry and profit off it Ric. The people with money...will be the ones that will profit off of this as it will be highly regulated and require money to get there.

It should be interesting. The days of old brown bud out of mexico are gone. The kids in Cali have changed the game at this point with the strains. Amsterdam is now shut down...who the hell wants to travel there when you can travel to CO and get something that will melt your mind (aka white widow or girl scout cookies) that Amsterdam can not touch?

In my particular part of FL following November and the mass approval that I expect and polls show....it should be interesting.... THE MOUSE HERE....might no longer be the revenue generator in comparison to Mary Jane. The only issue here as you already know.......pest....imagine the damn spider mite issue trying to grow organic here.

Times are a changing....I just hope to be able to grab a piece of the pie where I can.....but I am smart enough to understand that money....real money....is who is going to make the true money off of this venture too.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
(aka white widow or girl scout cookies) .
Ric...these are not "milk and cookie" strains either by the way....these are heavy Sativas. Not Indica friendly watch the tube and fall asleep strains. So don't go trying to keep up with the young kids Pop Pop

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Grow Healthy to build the Largest Marijuana farm in the Nation. BTW this is a Green Industry related topic.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/po...ations-largest.

Sad to say, when they say everything is bigger in Texas they mean it. From the 99-pack of beer to the marijuana. A four million dollar plant? We have 4 billion worth of marijuana crossing the border per day. . I would think the marijuana business would be a rough business. Kind of like the lawn service business. You might get mad because Pablo's mowing lawns for $20.00. Same with the marijuana business. These guys are selling ounces for up of several hundred dollars, when the illegals are down here selling pounds for less then a few hundred.

John Deere 997 60" Diesel
Toro Grand-Stand 36"
Stihl Handhelds

Business: Solo Operated
Mechanic: Myself learning day by day.
Parts Supplier: ZeroTurnMan for everything.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

I was in Nam 1964-1966 and unlike Bill Clinton I inhaled. I know what Green Bud is. While I am a Libertarian who believes in less government Regulation, I am not for Legalized Recreational Marijuana. I only have to look at the quality of Novel writers on here to know we already have too many Dopes in Florida.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
Sad to say, when they say everything is bigger in Texas they mean it. From the 99-pack of beer to the marijuana. A four million dollar plant? We have 4 billion worth of marijuana crossing the border per day. . I would think the marijuana business would be a rough business. Kind of like the lawn service business. You might get mad because Pablo's mowing lawns for $20.00. Same with the marijuana business. These guys are selling ounces for up of several hundred dollars, when the illegals are down here selling pounds for less then a few hundred.
I suppose the point you are making is: Black Market Marijuana will grow even bigger because of Legalization. I agree. Higher Prices of Taxed Marijuana will increase demand for Black Market product. Black Market stuff will be transferred to empty Legal Packaging.

You better believe Grow Healthy has already considered this and has a Plan for producing a Super strain to compete. They also will lobby hard to kill legal home grown.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I suppose the point you are making is: Black Market Marijuana will grow even bigger because of Legalization. I agree. Higher Prices of Taxed Marijuana will increase demand for Black Market product. Black Market stuff will be transferred to empty Legal Packaging.

You better believe Grow Healthy has already considered this and has a Plan for producing a Super strain to compete. They also will lobby hard to kill legal home grown.

But what has Colorado proved already.....legal recreational means everyone is cool....they don't mind paying....they don't mind obeying the laws.....they do not mind paying taxes obviously. One needs to look at any of the stories of great tax revenue coming
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ric. The point I'm making exactly. And I agree Landscape Poet, people will pay it. (BUT) and I say that with capital letters, you know as well as I do, this generation is all about saving a buck. As long as it can still cross the border, and as long as it can still be had for a better value illegally, a huge chunk of the smokers will always take the risk.
Think of it from a landscaping stand point. We can do lawn work legally, pay taxes, but the low ballers are always going to take work, because too many now days are looking for the next best deal. While there are people that are willing to pay the extra cost, they are a slim to none in contrast to the rest of the population. Same concept here. The shop has an ounce for $500.00. Johnny's selling the ounce for $30.00 or $100.00, 9/10 are going to buy it from Johnny.

As for them cracking down on it and it only coming from the government? One day it could happen. But I don't see it happening in reality. Why? The government is out for themselves. They get the best of both worlds. They generate millions off busting illegals sellers/smokres on a daily basis, while at the same time they are now generating revenue off legalizing it. Even if they did decide to crack down on the illegal sells, and focus on generating income, it won't happen. Some greedy person is always going to be thinking about growing it and making millions. The government will keep talking about it, and produce to completely lock down drugs from coming across the border? And the next day there will be another tunnel built under the police station with rail road carts delivering marijuana across the border for a cheaper cost.

Toro Grand-Stand 36"
Stihl Handhelds

Old 08-30-2014, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
Ric. The point I'm making exactly. And I agree Landscape Poet, people will pay it. (BUT) and I say that with capital letters, you know as well as I do, this generation is all about saving a buck. As long as it can still cross the border, and as long as it can still be had for a better value illegally, a huge chunk of the smokers will always take the risk.
Think of it from a landscaping stand point. We can do lawn work legally, pay taxes, but the low ballers are always going to take work, because too many now days are looking for the next best deal. While there are people that are willing to pay the extra cost, they are a slim to none in contrast to the rest of the population. Same concept here. The shop has an ounce for $500.00. Johnny's selling the ounce for $30.00 or $100.00, 9/10 are going to buy it from Johnny.

As for them cracking down on it and it only coming from the government? One day it could happen. But I don't see it happening in reality. Why? The government is out for themselves. They get the best of both worlds. They generate millions off busting illegals sellers/smokres on a daily basis, while at the same time they are now generating revenue off legalizing it. Even if they did decide to crack down on the illegal sells, and focus on generating income, it won't happen. Some greedy person is always going to be thinking about growing it and making millions. The government will keep talking about it, and produce to completely lock down drugs from coming across the border? And the next day there will be another tunnel built under the police station with rail road carts delivering marijuana across the border for a cheaper cost.

True of all Bureaucratic systems and our own pesticide licensing here in Florida. Licensed companies are regulated to death. While the unlicensed operators are left alone. However once in a blue Moon they do a Big sting in just one town.

There will also be a Percentage of People who either Can't Find Johnny or don't what to find Johnny. Still Johnny is a very popular guy to a very large group.

I am on the Fence about "Grow Healthy" and Legalized Pot. In one way 75 jobs and 4 Million in payroll is a nice shot in the Economy. The Taxes generated are Needed. But Our we selling our Morals for a few Bucks? Of Course there will always be a few who Wake & Bake. But the majority might be conservative users. Not everyone is an alcoholic and alcohol is legal.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
True of all Bureaucratic systems and our own pesticide licensing here in Florida. Licensed companies are regulated to death. While the unlicensed operators are left alone. However once in a blue Moon they do a Big sting in just one town.

There will also be a Percentage of People who either Can't Find Johnny or don't what to find Johnny. Still Johnny is a very popular guy to a very large group.

I am on the Fence about "Grow Healthy" and Legalized Pot. In one way 75 jobs and 4 Million in payroll is a nice shot in the Economy. The Taxes generated are Needed. But Our we selling our Morals for a few Bucks? Of Course there will always be a few who Wake & Bake. But the majority might be conservative users. Not everyone is an alcoholic and alcohol is legal.

I see where your coming from. That's a good point you have.

Toro Grand-Stand 36"
Stihl Handhelds