Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They do base the price they charge on how long someone says it takes to mow. (I just entered the info for the one im doing tomorrow.) It asks for how long to mow and if its a walk mower or rider. They take ~20%. Which would put me at close to where I'd charge.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

How much do you get after their cut on average? Can you turn jobs away if the customer lies about what they have?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know how specific i can get without being in trouble from them but if you go and fill out an estimate on their website and then knock 20% off you'll get an estimate of what you get paid. Use an address you know or do and then you can make judgement as to if it works for you. They show you the amount of money you will actually receive before accepting the job.

If you feel the customer made a mistake, there's a contact button right in the app that lets you communicate your concerns. The rep will contact the customer and straighten things out. I Imagine you could turn down the job at that point.

I've e-mailed them about whether they have plans to put some kind of contactor portal online to check jobs completed, when and how much you'll be paid, etc and they respond rather quick and have been helpful so far. They may need to adjust prices a bit but overall I'm happy so far.

You have to remember that you are a sub and obviously have to expect a little less than what you would normally charge.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and by looking up a property by you, you would get a more accurate price as I think they have prices that reflect the market that is being serviced.