Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
With the volume numbers that I am at right now...we do start a property after 6 every day of the week. No complaints so far.

We start out at 7 and by the time we sharpen and change blades etc...it is &7:30 before we hit the gas station. We generally fill up and hit the first lawn between 7:45 and 8. My homeowners tend to be either younger working folks or stay at home workers or this is their secondary home....so most are up and going or absent at 7:45 as they are most likely making their commute into Orlando.
Good to know your not getting complaints after 6 pm. The way I'm picking up accounts I'll have to start staying out later.

I gas up when I'm finished for the day. When I get back to the shop I check oil, tire pressure, sharpen and change blades, it's a nice way to unwind for me, plus don't have to mess with it in the morning can just hop in the truck and go.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Good to know your not getting complaints after 6 pm. The way I'm picking up accounts I'll have to start staying out later.

I gas up when I'm finished for the day. When I get back to the shop I check oil, tire pressure, sharpen and change blades, it's a nice way to unwind for me, plus don't have to mess with it in the morning can just hop in the truck and go.
I do the same thing. Everything is ready to go for the morning when I finish up at night. Makes starting the day so much nicer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

September has arrived friends!!! Only a month left to Oct. Yahoo!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I started mowing extra early this morning, I have a large account where the owners are up early so I started mowing at seven thirty... Feels good to get started so early, I'll be done by three today, which is seven accounts solo, one being a well landscaped once acre account that takes me about two hours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-05-2014, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the opposite. At the end of the day it is soo hot I just want to get a shower and cool off. Since I wake at 4am to 5am I find it cooler to get equipment ready then. Same is true on my construction. Some of my accounts are commercial so I can start at 5am to 6am with no problem.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I have all my guys rolling out by 6:15am. I schedule commercial jobs 1st thing Monday-Thursday so I don't bother anyone being up that early. On most days we are at our first resi by 7:30-8. Ready to slow down though been a long, hot, wet season.