Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox4Life View Post
I have a 13 year old big tex trailer. I had a u bolt break once, that was bad. Other than that it's been trouble free. Have done brakes, bearings, lights etc of course. I'm actually thinking about doing a little overhaul this winter and then keeping it in service for another 5-10 years.
My Big Tex 14k GN is a 1996 model. I gave it a paint job a couple of years ago. Never had a problem with it. Wait...I did break off a zerk fitting once.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

13 years old?

well that's probably because 13 years ago things were made to last today nothing is as good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox4Life View Post
I have a 13 year old big tex trailer. I had a u bolt break once, that was bad. Other than that it's been trouble free. Have done brakes, bearings, lights etc of course. I'm actually thinking about doing a little overhaul this winter and then keeping it in service for another 5-10 years.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
well that's probably because 13 years ago things were made to last today nothing is as good......
I think big tex makes a good trailer. We have a 2008 10PI and a 2014 14LX dump. Haul heavy equipment with them almost daily. My only gripe is I wish they had used treated wood on the 10PI, I had to replace the deck earlier this year but that didn't cost but a couple hundred and good as new. Now in terms of paint, the paint on the 10PI looks a little rough but thats my fault from running chains and loading rebar and such all over it. But its a trailer and its made for work. I hardly notice the paint. The 14LX has what I considered a very nice paint job. But I use them and they do get scratched up. Its a tool for me.

I am sorry you had bad luck with the paint on yours, but glad they got it cleaned up. Everyone is human and stuff does happen, but the measure is just how they handle it. That dealer could have just been a jerk and representing big tex poorly. I'm sure I could find a similar testimonial from someone about every manufacturer.

Good luck with it!
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

That was clearly water etching from hard water spots OP. If you look at the windows on your vehicle you will most likely see the same thing. I think you might have been looking for a new car appearance for a trailer. Either I'm glad things got worked out for you. I myself have been looking at Big Tex trailers. I will say you are lucky the dealer fixed that for you.