Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2000, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Member

We have a new Ztrack John Deere out front mower with drive shaft, and it cuts better than any belt drive i've used.<br>Oil coller, hydro cooler, large tank, etc.<br>I hear scag is having probs with their drive shaft, but I haven't had any with the deere.
Old 06-27-2000, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you haven't already tried one, I suggest you give a dixie chopper a test run. This is the ztr that all others are compared against. This is THE MACHINE! You can mow your 3.5 acres for 50 to 80 years with this machine and them hand it down to your kids, and then they can hand it down to their kids. Arguably the best engineered ztr out there, and definitely the one that will out mow the rest hands down. If you've got a dealer close by see if you can demo one and you'll see what I mean. One super duper machine! Thanks, Lynn
Old 06-27-2000, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was at my equipment dealer today getting my trimmer fixed and 2 chopper were being unloaded off a trailer to be fixed. one ran and the other wouldnt start so they had to hook chaines from the running one to the non running one to pull non running one off. I was talking to one of the head machanics there and i said how do you like these choppers. He said there good machines, built pretty strong but they do not sell many compared to the z masters be the quality of cut dosnt compare. He said they scalp like crazy and are to awkward and heavy for the lawns around here. The z masters/lazers are the best of both worlds..... beutiful cut and superior quality. By the way the dixie chopper that wouldnt run was one of those dual engine 72 inchers! why the hell would anyone need one of those unless they were cuttiing down hay feilds weekly?
Old 06-27-2000, 08:47 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lynn: I agree with you 100%. <br>Evan: It depends on what part of the country your in who sells more of what. If you talked to my dealer who sells the same equipment your does, he will tell you the complete oposite of what your dealer told you and he is the chief machanic also. Evidently your mechanic hasn't mowed with the new 2001 Dixie Chopper decks.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence
Old 06-27-2000, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the people over here in floridia where I live run walkers some with the utility beds some without, a lot of people run dixons, a few run kees and exmarks very few, and I run the toro z-master I have only seen one other guy with one I drove 45 minutes to get mine now we have a dealer here though so there may be more popping up. So you can't say there are better ZTR's and bad ones you have to pick the one that best fits your application. OH and hardly anyone runs choppers so go figure.<p>Exquisite Lawn Services<br>Central Floridia