Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-22-2003, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

leaf clean up

Hi, im new to this site.I started cutting lawn this summer and have aquired about 10 customers.But as you know the leafs have started to fall and work to maintaine the yards takes longer.I don't know how much more to charge my customers.I charge my clients 40. to cut mow and blow.It takes me 2 hours with a 20" mower, echo 603, and 260s trimmer.1/4 ACR. lots
Old 11-22-2003, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Price per cut???

A.V.

$40 per two hours of work!!
That is insane!!
You should be getting around $120 for two hours of work instead of about .30 cents per minute.
You need to be setting a higher level for yourself.

On another note, if you added a walkbehind to your equipment list that would greatly improve your start finsih times per job and it would pay for itself quickly.
Craig

Last edited by craigs lawncare; 11-22-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Craig, thanks for the responce,and i to feel that i shoulde be charging more money for my services.But around here N.E. San Antonio T.X. the going rate is 35. dollars.I've saved enough money this summer to buy me a larger machine and have been tring to decide wether to buy me 32" or 36" EXMARK metro fixed or floating deck or TORO Proline fix or floating deck. I've been reading some of the post on this website and can't see how some of these guys are cutting up to 15 yards a day. The most i cut one day with my 20" was 5 yards and i got to admit the next day i felt like i had got hit by a car. Well not that bad, but pretty tiered. I know the bigger machine is going to help me with my time. But i can't see my customers paying me 120 for my services.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Banned

The problem isn't really what you're charging to do the lawn. $40 for a 1/4 acre is good (around my way at least). The problem is the inefficient equipment your using.

I do a 1/4 acre lawn in about 40 minutes by myself. You desperately need a larger, faster mower!
I would suggest even bigger then the 32"/36" that you're considering.
My main mower is a 52" hydro WB. If it's a money issue, see if you can find a decent used 48" or so.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A.V. Gogetter is right. By yourself you should average 45-60 per hr depending on route density. The reason the other guys are chraging 35 buckles is becasue they can accomplish the work faster. leaves, at this point and the equipment you have I would charge by the hr. rate whatever you feel like you need to make per hr. to cover your overhead and put dough in your pocket. there is no way you can charge what some of the post mentioned on this site are charging because of the equipment some of us may have.