Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2003, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Hope I make it story!

Here is my story. I graduated from NC State with a degree in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management in December of 2002. I ended up managing a Play It Again Sports store for a while. It was a good job that I enjoyed but did not make much $$$. Next thing I know my mom got encephalitis, a infection of the brain. I moved home to help my dad take care of her. She lost a lot memory and can not be left alone for an extended amout of time. Back to lawn care my dad has his own lawn care business and basicly has one large commercial account. He always has people asking him to take over their residental accounts but he always turns them down. So I decided to jump in and give it a shot. I started my own business for 2004 and already have a few accounts(need many more). I don't know everything there is to know about lawn care but have been learning from this great site and helping him out. I love being outdoors and seeing the results of my hardwork, so I believe this may be my "calling". My goal is to start small, learning as much as I can, and one day run a meduim size "successfull" lawn care business. Everyone keep up the informative post. I love learning from them and am inspired by yalls stories.