Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2000, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Just got finished reading the &quot;SAD NEWS&quot; post by Rebel2002. What do you guys use to keep hydrated? I'm especially interested in you guys down South. Some days in Florida when it's 105 heat index and 100% humidity plain old water won't do the trick. I recently switched to an electrolyte replacement drink and I don't mean Gatorade or PowerAid, that's mainly sugar water. Its made by TwinLab and contains electrolytes and minerals to replace what you lose when you sweat. Also contains cell volumizers to help you retain the water you drink. In addition they add medium chain carbohydrates as opposed to simple carbs that pick you up then slow you down. Also some herbal stuff in there, not sure of its usefulness but I can tell you I never leave the house without it anymore. Energy levels are up, with me and my partner. Mood is better. Less fatigue, stay motivated longer, especially at the end of the day. I can actually feel a big difference. Much better than water. Tastes kinda like a watered down Tang. I add sliced oranges to improve the taste. <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GrassRoots Lawn Care