Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2003, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Repair costs ?

I have had for the last three years a Acelerator for my 21" Honda and it is in need of repair\rebuild. It was never square to begin with and by dealer said that none of them are built square. Well needless to say that I have put over $100 in repairs in Welding shops to fix welds that have broken. There are a couple pieces of Aluminum that need replaced because they have worn out prematurely due to bagger sitting at angle from beginning. How much are we talking to repair this unit ? Or Rebuild ? Would it be cheeper to just buy a new bagger ?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Sponsor

Turf Dancer,
Thanks for your post. Anytime you need to repair one of our catchers, be sure to give us a call first. We are pretty generous about warranty repair (one year warranty). We are happy to send out repair parts, give advice, or repair the unit ourselves. If it needs a field repair, we may want to send you some metal and tell you the proper alloy to use for welding.
For a 3 year old unit, I would advise sending it back to us for repair. We have changed the catcher a number of times in the last 3 years, and we can give yours an upgrade pretty easily. Ship it back to us UPS to 13429 SE 30th St Bellevue, WA 98040. If you can pressure wash the catcher before sending it back my welding guys will be appreciative.
I know that this particular catcher does not always come out completely square to the rear handle, especially on units we built several years ago. This unit is hand built in very small batches, unlike our midsize catchers which we build continuously. The shape is also somewhat odd, as a square shape tended to cause the operator’s feet to hit the back of the catcher. Also, the HRC 216 has a “flair” at the front from top to bottom, not allowing a completely square front end. Additionally, the catcher needs to rest on the back handle to avoid breaking the small clips on the mower that hold the catcher on when the catcher gets full.

Peter Andonian
Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 12-02-2003, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterA
If you can pressure wash the catcher before sending it back my welding guys will be appreciative.
What PSI range should be used?
Old 12-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Sponsor

Diesel,
If you are talking about pressure washing the catcher, I would reccomend you use the highest possible pressure, especially around any areas that are going to be welded. Obviously, if the water jet is damaging the catcher, the pressure would be too high (I have never heard of this happening though).
Peter.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Peter I need to call you !

Peter I will send this catrcher to you in about a week, Does it need to be in a box ? Also what do you expect the cost to be on this ?
Thanks for making a great product. I am buying a larger machine this year and I will be buying a catcher for it also as well as a second 21" Honda model we are talking about.

Scott
Old 12-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Sponsor

Scott,
Give me a call monday at the office. I am going to be gone over the christmas holiday weekend. The question of a box depends on how it is shipped. UPS will often take it without a box, as long as it is clean and the door is taped shut. Shipping should be about $15.00.

Peter
800-984-9410
Old 12-24-2003, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Peter,

I will call you monday, I was looking for an idea as far as cost to rebuild it not shipping. I apologise I should have been more clear on the subject. Don't worry about responding back I will call you on monday, Happy Holidays

Scott