Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2003, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Member

how to keep counts on product, with workers

Hey there everyone this is the first time i have posted anything here and just signed up a few day ago. my question is for everyone who deals will workers, and product does anyone have a form that the workers would fill out while they load truck before leaving the yard and to make sure that those products get billed out. any other ways to make sure of the counts on the projects are right, not sitting around after the project recounting each piece(wasting time). please email me !!chad choffman@lakes.com www.bsbpmankato.com www.nationalsafetyproducts.com
Old 12-30-2003, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I see two parts to this issue. One is how much material is taken out on the job site and the other is how much is actually used. (And is the extra material returned to the yard/stock) I would hope that your contract would express how much of various materials are being used, whether they are irrigation supplies, mulch or trees. Inspecting the job site upon completion should assure both you and the customer that they got what they are paying for. As far as internal paperwork, yes I have used a form that listed commonly used items with a space for quantity. Then there were blank spaces for the other 'special' items that were particular to that job. It makes job-costing easier if you know that half a pallet of stone was returned to stock and not 'lost' in the shuffle. This type of material tracking is something that I hold the crew foreman responsible for doing. Job costing of course is done 'in the office'.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks alot for your reply Lanelle i do all for that but i'm still looking for a form or something to keep track of everthing.. i know there are many things to keep secret in business but if you would want to share your form could you email a copy to me, if not i understand thanks again!!! chad choffman@lakes.com www.nationalsafetyproducts.com
Old 12-31-2003, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi CHOFFMAN,

What would your ideal form consist of?