Register free!

Old 12-31-2003, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

if it weren't for hunters/fishers/sportsmen-women conserving habitat, developers would have paved nost of the world by now.

GEO
Old 12-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Banned

Finally got the video to load up. That must have been an adrenline pumper!

It sure looked like the first shot was a good hit but I guess lions are pretty tough.

"did anyone else cringe when the guy in the background fell to the ground as the hunter swept across the small group of people with his rifle? "

YES! I had to run it back and forth a couple of times because I thought he might have been shot. Looks like he was backing up and tripped over a bush?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love to hunt

I love to hunt but I eat what I hunt except Foxes vermin. Lion hunting like that is not hunting it killing to be killing. Yes I hunt deer and other game for the meat I would like a trophy deer some day but I hunt for the meat. That guide should have his license taken a way. And I don't think any body in that group could shoot. I carry a 44mag all the time when I hunt it might not have killed him real quick but it would have stopped his advance.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
"This was a fair chase hunt. In an area of afreca that was over populated with lions..."
I was under the impression, and have been for quite some time that certain countries are highly over populated with people. In such countries where there is not enough food or water or the main factor "Money" to feed them. Phishook, is it disgusting that we leave them to die of malnutrition and disease.

I know the above comment is not a realistic or fair statement. However what is realistic is that Lion didn’t look to be suffering from malnutrition to me. He looked pretty damn fit and able to take his fair share.

I have also been hearing that America and England in most cases are Highly over populated with Men, I'm all for "good management" and lowering the herd lol

Sorry got off track a little there hehe.

From how I understand it Africa is not over Populated with Lions, and yes they are on the decrease. The other "dangerous" and Hunted animals in Africa are Elephants and they are also on the HIGH decrease, despite the fact that they are protected. “cough cough” whatever that means. My cousin has a ranch in Africa and they manage to live in harmony with these creatures not a problem. If they did need to put an animal down they would at least be humane about it.

It is not as if these animals are vermin, and I agree with some comments already made, that this hunting is for the KILL and no other reason.

I grew up on a farm and of course pests need to be eradicated and numbers need to be kept under control.

I guess my main problem with this Video is that there is a Video! If an animal has to die for whatever reason, do we really have to sit here and have some people virtually salivate over it’s demise. Cheering and giving “high fives”