Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-23-2003, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What a tall tale....that was interesting fun reading.

Kudos to Atzalan for his Sherlock Holmes detective work on cracking the case...
Old 01-06-2004, 05:55 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Anybody know what ever happened to the swampthing lol
Old 01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by odin00
Anybody know what ever happened to the swampthing lol
He got to big and busy to stop by anymore I guess.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be all tied up mowing his 6 yards with his Craftsman while day dreaming up more stories
Old 01-16-2004, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think people in this country have no math skills or this guy would have been spotted with out having his so-called friends betray him. I was doubting him as I read his first post his age sounded wrong to have succeeded but I let that slide what sounded weird to me was account numbers employee numbers truck numbers trailer numbers and oh yes equipment numbers.

53 employees. (including the workers, my mechanic, my secretary, etc etc) ok that sounds reasonable sort of.

One huge hangar that I put every thing in. 10 trucks 14 trailers oh hereís the first clue the trailers out number the trucks??? They sometimes do in smaller companies you may have a dumping trailer and a landscaping trailer or a heavy equipment trailer but 10 to 14 ratio I read that like 3 times thinking I read it wrong.

I have 437 accounts, ranging in size from a $15 postage stamp yard to a massive $1200 yard that we do twice a month(its 35 acres, and has a ton of trimming and bush hedging, VERY rich people). And its 52 mowers, 52 mowers and 53 employees one per BS and 437 accounts per week at most youíd need 16 guys to cut that but he claims 53 it was obvious he had no clue what he was talking about before anyone every came out and said they knew him.

checked with three different crews today, (the ones that dont exist) and none of them own digital cameras, or know how to post pics on forums now this one made me smile the most was he saying he has only 3 crews what are they 17 men each hehehe or was he claiming to have 15 crews or more but after 3 telling him no he gave up.

I donít care if some one has 1 post or 4000 and has a millennium membership if they donít know what they are talking about they are gona be all to easy to spot iv seen enough guys with 20-30 posts that know more then guys with 800 so I am always skeptical but this guy was so fake from his first post I donít see how he was believed at all.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree and that's the reason I started questioning, I also spot all of this since his first post, and the more he kept talking the more I realize it was a lie.

I also still think some more people were invloved in this or let's say he was replying with other screen names also.

For me it's aesy to apot a lier cause I was one in my young days, the thing is that many people in here couldn't see it and belive him, and many people came hero for advice and if we let this people around this forum will turn into a place full of s.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I thought it was kind of funny that when everyone was questioning him that he went away for awhile. Then all of a sudden a couple of new users registered in sept. 03 came to his deffense.
"Grass is what saves and holds the water that keeps life good and going. ... It keeps the falling rain from flushing away. Blades of grass take water from the air and transpire it into the ground. That works the other way around too. Because grass blades help put water back into the air so that rain can fall again" - Theodore Roosevelt