I never read the "complete rules" of Lawnsite. Sadly, I can see what bother some guy's. The "rules", if taken to the letter make it fairly hard to have a normal conversation about anything. I for one, think there should be much less rules, and more “common sense” used by the powers at be to regulate things. Gees, this supposed to be a forum to discuss stuff, not worry about stepping on a few toes.
Please read all the rules below, again……There’s way too many for me…….
By completing your registration and becoming a member at LawnSite.com, you have agreed to abide by and follow the rules created by ownership (listed below) at all times. There are no exceptions to the rules. LawnSite.com owned by Lawn Care Success has the right and option to change these rules without prior notice. All of the rules stated below refer to not only the public forums at LawnSite.com, but the Private Forums, e-mail and private messaging as well.
1. Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through LawnSite.com e-mail or private messaging. You are also not permitted to include phone numbers addresses, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, or web addresses or links in your posts, e-mail, private messages or signature lines.
2. Links to and/or mentioning other Green Industry forum sites is not permitted at LawnSite.com.
3. You are not permitted to use obscene, vulgar or explicit language at the site.
4. You are not permitted to discuss, mention or make reference to illegal activities, including but not limited to drugs, terrorism, etc…
5. You are not permitted to post or mention any material or information that defames, abuses, or threatens physical or emotional harm or death to others or oneself.
6. You are not permitted to post any material or pictures that depicts violence.
7. You are not permitted to list names, phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, fax numbers, post office box numbers, etc…. of any others except your own.
8. You are not permitted to pass off as one’s own, or solicit for the exchange, sale, or purchase of content that infringes anyone else’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary rights.
9. You are not permitted to include, mention or post links to pornographic, drug related, or violence web sites or material, including but not limited to child pornography or all other types of pornography.
10. You are not permitted to post or mention information that contains content intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Hate speech of any type will result in suspension at LawnSite.com.
11. You are not permitted to exploit a minor in any way.
12. You are not permitted to harass other members at LawnSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…
13. You are not permitted to use LawnSite.com to spam members for any reasons. This includes advertising products or services, promotion of a web site or another Green Industry Forum. LawnSite.com will exercise it’s rights under the law to pursue legal action in regard to this matter.
14. LawnSite.com reserves the rights to suspend and remove (ban) memberships at any time.
15. LawnSite.com staff has the right to edit or delete any information at any time posted by any member of this forum.
16. LawnSite.com is the sole owner of the information posted at LawnSite.com. You are not permitted to take information, posts, comments, etc… and reproduce them in any manner without prior written consent of LawnSite.com.
17. LawnSite.com will enforce the “3 strikes rule”. If you break a rule you will be warned by a moderator or staff member. If you break a rule again, you will be suspended from LawnSite.com for a minimum of one week. If you break a third rule you will be permanently banned from LawnSite.com.
18. If you are banned or suspended from LawnSite.com you are not permitted to register under a new name. Only one user name per person is permitted. All additional user names or new user names without permission from LawnSite.com will be deleted from the system.
19. If you sign up with or attempt to use a non-working e-mail address, LawnSite.com has the right to remove your membership from the site at any time.
20. You are not permitted to post or insinuate false information about members as well as sponsors. If you have never owned or used (at great length) a product offered by one of the sponsors, you are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of these products