Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not care for it. Some posts call for a simple answer. No need to flower up the reply to make it 15 in length.

i.e. If I post a thread entiltled "pics of my new truck" a simple "Nice!" will suffice.

I see what you guys are trying to accomplish with the rule, but the problem could be better handled with proper moderation. Besides it is never a good idea to implement a rule that is so easy to get around.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "pointless reply". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and in their own words.

Maybe try disabling posts counts. That will cut down on short replies and post racing. As for SPAM I do not think the 15 limit will have any effect on that at all.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i do agree with avery in the respect that esp. in the picture forum-15 character is really not needed. I mean-sure there are a few one worders every now and then but i dont think the problem is out of control. I could live without it.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Avery
[B]I do not care for it. Some posts call for a simple answer. No need to flower up the reply to make it 15 in length.

i.e. If I post a thread entiltled "pics of my new truck" a simple "Nice!" will suffice.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "pointless reply". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and in their own words.

I agree with both the above but like i said i noticed no difference
Old 02-04-2004, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also think that the post count would help solve those problems. Not that I have a problem with them but there are those that race to 500 posts, where a simple "registered date" is sufficent. Doesnt really matter to me but this is a forum and those are my thoughts!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i disagree with the post count issue. i think that it is a clear representation of the effort which that member has put into the site. if members are typing out well thought out responses, then they should be noted for it. IMHO, their is no better reward.