Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2004, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I called him one last time and it says his line is being "checked for trouble" hmmm. I think his life is being checked for trouble
Old 02-11-2004, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, my business law professor has contradicted a lot of statements i have received here. I'm really confused. I guess I will just go ther with what i have and with what i expect to get out of it money wise. nonetheless it will be a good learning experience. I have already started on my contracts for this year. thanks for all your posts guys, you've helped a lot
Old 02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This was the type of situation that I was tired of getting into all of the time. Thats why this year I require a signed service agreement and it clearly spells out when to pay and what happens if they don't. My commercial service agreements are more strict than the residentials, but both versions cover my back pretty well.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I guess in my new "service agreement" I should state that they can terminate service with 14 days WRITTEN notice. I want everything in writing now.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to here. The verbal aggrement is your word against his, but you may get it or you may not. If you go for the money don't be disapointed. It will be good experance to go through the prosess. If you win the judgment you will probly still have to go back to court to collect. The lagal systeem is not user friendly. If it is any constalation maby the customer will miss work! He won't learn anything because this is how he is or does business. You must go for prinsable an be satisfied when it is over or you may feel worse than when you started. Rick