Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2000, 02:12 AM
Millenium Member

Brian, I ordered mine gauges and pod from DIS, the site is: http://www.dieselpage.com/menupro.htm. Great group of guys.

Ray
Old 11-08-2000, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ford will void the warranty if the chip is on it,you have broken laws with it,and are in violation of the emissions laws by tampering with the fuelling of the engine.Any tampering,or unanthorized fueling increase voids warranty-its simple and in print in the emissions warranty section.The reason Ford doesnt put them in stock is 2 fold,!1st off,the increased power will bring increased warranty work to an already weak auto,especially in the 97 and downs.The biggest resson is the engine wouldnt pass emissions testing with the chip-its a dirty engine already-like my 12V Cummins was,they will be replaced by a 6.0 that is stronger,lighter,more durable and cleaner.As you guys must know already PSD's can make a lot of power-but they get into EGT trouble very easily,starting at 300hp and above,especially in the non intercoolerd 97 and older.Any chip install should be accompained by a set of boost/egt guages like Ray/Kirby has.If you werent watching the EGT guage,you might burn the motor up-BIG$$$$$$.This is definetrly not covered under warranty.As for 1000 ft lbs-a PSD will never make those torque #'s,without the assist of propane,and even if it does-kaboom! is inevitable.Those #'s are reserved for the strong bottom ends and big fuel pumps of the little 5.9 Cummins in the Dogdge trucks.1000ft lbs/400 hp is just about right for them-kinda like a 300/600 PSD.Here's a real strong Dodge-just set the record in the 1/4 mile, http://www.turbodieselregister.com/u...ML/002654.html Lets see some bad PSD's.

[Edited by John DiMartino on 11-09-2000 at 01:42 AM]
Old 11-08-2000, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Acually if you are past warranty you have no worries. these chips will help longgevity on transmission for they remap the shift points and firm up weak shifts that will leghtn transmission life, see chips enhacements, As far as tampering with the PCM if you leave chip in yes may void warranty if its past warranty you have no fear! If you remove chip before like I stated in post earlier, if your dealer does a Diagnostic check with chip removed IT CAN NOT BE DETECTED DO TO YOUR PCM AUTOMATICALLY RETURNS TO DEFAULT SETTINGS. As far as Exhaust smog testing in most states diesel"s are exempt from testing. And in alot of states we dont need to run converters on diesel our Cumming and powerstrokes dont have converters. But some states do reqiure diesel converters. All gas motors have laws they must have converters on all cars over a certian years. I have been down to New England Dragway they have have there A Power Stroke making 1000hp and a Cummings with 1200hp all on redone race autos you ought to go see the Diesel truck shoot out at NH Dragway. Also see http://www.bluechipdiesel.com they drag at New England Dragway to with some Cummings making big hp. Its hard to belive how easy the 94 and up Cummings can make so much hp with little modification.
Old 11-08-2000, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

OOPS!! they were going by crank hp the RWHP on the Dodge is 930hp and Ford is 700 and change. Boy thats scary meeting a 900hp diesel at drags and get your but stomped by one of those babies. I bet there fun too drive
Old 11-08-2000, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just like the fact that we can drive trucks with 300-500hp at the wheels, daily,and they run like stock,until you step into it and unleash the beast so to speak.If you wanted that HP from a gasser,it would have to be supercharged and cammed so big that it wouldnt run right-and the price-double with 1/2 the torque.Diesels rule-more power-arrrrr arrrrr.
Old 11-08-2000, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey John dont you love it when those big jacked up gas jobs any make get beside you and rev it up! They look at me at a light and I leave most of them in a trail of diesel smoke LOL. They will pull over thinking somethings wrong with there truck cause they just got spanked by a 4WD diesel truck. Sorry I relapse to my younger years when this happens and cant resist to show em what all these diesels can really do.
Old 11-10-2000, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I love it when they try to pass my big slow(haha) 4x4 truck.Ive had kids banging on the steering wheel in frustration trying to pull away from me,especially at highway speeds the Cummins is lethal.Its weird that its not really reving high,but it just pushes you into the seat,you look at the tach-its at only 2100,boost at 30-32 PSI.I do not know much about PSD's,but a good rule of thumb with the B-series Cummins 5.9 is,for every 10PSI of boost you are making-it puts out around 10HP.Some guys are running 50+PSI,this puts them at 500hp.Mine was at 30-32 which is 300-320hp.I beleive that to be accurate,because it dyno'd at 260 ish.From what others on the TDR have done,it always works.My truck stock,put out 18-19 psi-it was rated at 180hp-right on the money.