Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2004, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Gopher. This year I started to advertise my other services a lot more. Need to get the word out somehow....
Old 02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, you went from discounting customers with multiple lawns to giving referral incentives.

I believe in the referral incentive. I don't believe in multiple property discounts. If a person hires you and owns more then one piece of property. It is in his best interest to only hire one company. It would be a hassle for a customer to have to keep track of more then one company. That is their incentive.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you should have clarified your question. Not a big deal though.
I appreciate you agreeing to disagree, that is why it's a free country

A free country is why we have lawnsite...
Isnt it nice not to live in a place that would not allow this type of bickering and forever ban it, let alone run your business "differently"?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I disagree with most of you if you buy more of any product somewhere down the road you expect a discount. Does your nursery give regular customers the same price they give you, I don't think so if they did you would probably be ticked off. There is nothing wrong with giving a disount to do more properties in one area. The company I worked for before started this with just five homes they now have 60 something homes in this neighborhood. Making $5 more today could cost you thousands tommorrow.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I really like these posts guys. Its cool to see everyone's take on the issue.

And yes, I didn't clarify very well in the first post. I was in a hurry to get to class. My bad.

We all want to increase our revenue. Some may have different, better, or worse ways to do it. But, that's all opinion. Hey, if it works for you, then so be it. As long as you are still competitive (not low balling) and are doing things ethical and legal. Keep the posts comin'!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Danimal
I disagree with most of you if you buy more of any product somewhere down the road you expect a discount. Does your nursery give regular customers the same price they give you, I don't think so if they did you would probably be ticked off. There is nothing wrong with giving a disount to do more properties in one area. The company I worked for before started this with just five homes they now have 60 something homes in this neighborhood. Making $5 more today could cost you thousands tommorrow.
We are selling a service, not a product. Just make them think they are getting a discount. It is very hard to compare price for a service. If the customer wants the lowest price in town then I wouldn't be the guy for them anyway.

So when you bid on a property and the owner says I have another property I want you to look at. Give him your sales speech and let him think that you are going to bid it lower then normal. How does he know anyway.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.