Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2004, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Time Saving tips for spring Clean-ups

How do you do a spring clean up on Large areas. For obvious reasons if your doing a huge lawn you cant rake the hole thing, Unless the customer wants you to spend the time raking. I was thinking that if I had a thatcher for the front of my turf tiger. I can go along with the tiger and the bagger and thatch and suck everything up in one shot. (Ex. Old leaves, small twigs and dead grass) On Residential customers I usually go over the yard with the ground blowers and the back pack blowers to loosen everything up then either suck it up with the bagger of rake it into the green barrel depending on how much lawn debris I get. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do it. I heard the thatcher from Jarco will loosen all the lawn debris up. Anyone have any time saving tips for spring cleanups they would like to tell? Thanks -MIke-
Old 03-12-2004, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My time saving tip: Buy the JRCO. I was amazed at how much faster we were getting clean-ups done. We work on mostly 1 acre properties. Mike
Old 03-12-2004, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you use that method bagging the thatch with the turf tiger, or whatever kind of mower you use. It seems to me that it will be much faster to power rake it as you go. Then suck it up with your bagger. I bid on some real harge propeites this year. Waiting to hear back from them.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the rake on a 36"Scag, and I do run it with the catcher. We still blow the lawn off to get anything the machine doesn't pick up. I haven't used my power rake in 2 years. Just found we were doing a lot of unnecessary damage with it.