Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2004, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

z-spray owners I need advise

For those using the zspray,how do you think that machine would do pulling a 48' millcreek aerator?

Ive been using a wright stander lawn mower to pull our aerator for serveral seasons now. It works awsome and can do any sized lawn with that machine cause its so easy to turn and see, but when I sold my mowing business I sold all the mowers. Last year I borrowed a mower to aerate. This season I was considering buying a use stander just to pull the aerator. or buying the zplugger.

But I could sell one of my P-G's and replay with the zspray if you thought it was good enough to pull the aerator.

If anyone from Mass has one I would love to come look at it.
zspray that is.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 52" stander and would be interested to see how you pulled an aerator with a stander. Did you have a hitch fabricated? I have wanted to buy an aeravator but haven't yet because I wanted something to pull it with.

Do you have any old pics of the stander with the aerator hooked up?

The Z-spray is built on a stander frame, or at least the original z-spray was, so if you were able to get a stander to pull I think you could get the z-spray to work also.

BTW Thanks for the email'd contract.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We also had 52"-25hp standers, they did a awsome job of pulling the aerator, for 3 years we never used our walkbehinds (aerators)

The company that has all of our old mowers will let me take some photo's of the set up. I just got to get over to there shop, maybe sometime this week I will get some and post them here.

Ive beeen talking with my wife about what to do this year with the aerations, she brought up the fact the zspray is the same frame and pumps as the standers, hopefully I'll hear from some z owners
Jim
Old 03-15-2004, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom Rich told me the new Z-spray frame is 100% engineered and built by him. No more Walker frames. I believe the frame can handle the job. It is a question of the horsepower, and that seems sufficient too.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about the new zsprays, but I bought mine 2 years ago and it is a wright stander with a fabricated front frame. Should not be a big difference in pulling an aerator, however I wouldn't personally. I am saving for a z plugger.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

i have one of the Z-plugers and it is awesome. Mr. Rich even made me a sprayer setup for my pluger that holds 20 gallons and is a self contained unit that hooks up the same way the plugger head does and i can switch them out in 5 minutes. these units are the best in the market by far.