Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-05-2004, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Landscaper wanted will help with cost of moving

I am hiring any landscaper for the Johson City, TN area. Respond to this employment offer. Must be willing to pull weeds weekly, trimm shrubs, do clean-up, and other landscaping jobs. Forty hours a week plus easy to get along boss/owner.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Lance,
How much are you paying. My buddy in JC is looking to change jobs and he has done landscaping in the past.
Rob
Old 03-12-2004, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

It all depends on his or her level of skill. I base it on being on time , mechinac skills , equipment operation, ( Each piece is different but how well they know it.) Who has he worked for in the past. Does that person have a felony? IF so what for? Can they work with females? I have one who is doing some landscape work. I make everyone sign a competition agreement. I do have some trade secrets agreement that I make them sign on operations. Is that person a tree climber? Professinal with customers? Can they get along with team atomsphere? Anther words that person job is to weed-eat, do they go sit in the truck or use common sense to tell them what to do next? I have extra equipment for this exact problem? My number is 423-647-3333.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

I start at $7 a hour then after the first 30 days I give them a critical assement. I look at everything. The employee is given a sheet to look at to understand where they can get pay raises. Time is critical and is one thing that is look at very seriously when completing a job in landscaping. Perks are they get a cell phone paid for and the other headsets that are safe for running equiopment( same as ear plugs) Gloves some for mowing and others for landscaping stone work, Shirts with laundry service. You talk about weeds to pull. Some mowing will be required. Trash and stick pick-up. Not to mention that I will be a general contractor in July if I pass the exam.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey lance this is john over at chuck mason eguip sales need you to give me a call 926-3881