Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I use caller Id to catch the ones that don't leave a message. I always try and call them back the same day they call but if I don't get to it that day then sometimes I will just let it go. It also comes in handy for the ones that you don't want to talk too because you know they will be wasting you time because you don't want too work for them anyway.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My question is why are so many of you afraid of the phone? They called YOU that alone is a perfectly reasonable premise to call them back. I call everybody back. I can't answer my phone when I'm out in the field and I relay that in my answering machine message. Don't be afraid of anybody. If they give you a hard time about it thank them for their time and move on. If they are irrate about a business person calling them back do you really want them for a customer? Biggest complaint I hear is that they called 3 different people and no one returned there call. Heck I even return calls when the message they left was for services I don't offer, I tell them who they should call and they appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with many others on this one,
they called you for a reason. Just be honest (I have done this) and call them back, and simply say

"Hi, this is TWINS Lawn Care, we missed your call a few minutes ago, and wanted to know if we could help you with anything?"

Got an aerating job this way last fall. Had I not called them back, no aerating job! Not that you will get everyone you call back, but you are sure to get NONE of the ones you don't!