Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2004, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wright stander height of cut adjustments

Anyone have to change the height of cut by messing with the wheel moter locations ????? I just got this machine and its' high.... The blades are set as low as they can go with spacers and they are at 3 a 1/4.. alittle too high, especially for fall when I drop to 2.5"...... You cant move the deck like you can on a walk behind, the manual says to change the position of the wheel motors or axles ?? anyone done this and whats the best procedure to do it ????? Thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Moving the rear wheel monuts is a major job......in my opinion something for the dealer to do.......

I believe mine are in the middle holes...

Derek

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 03-28-2004, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great so I just baught a new machine with not even 2 hours on it and I already have to go pay for service on it... What else do I have to look forward to ???
Old 03-28-2004, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look foward to? Great handling,small trailer area,Good cut,solid build And alot of fun. My guys luv ours. (once u get it set up right). At first we hated it. Give it some time. They excell in certian accounts.
http://www.PlanetLandscaping.net "Helping keep Earth Green" We use Ford F550 powerstrokes ,Mistubishi cabovers,Kubota Tractors and Excavators, Scag turf tigers,Exmark Lazers,Wright Standers, Shindiawa, Redmax , Finn Hydroseeder's and a bunch of other goodies. International Assoiciation of Hydroseeding Professionals, President: .
Old 03-30-2004, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the adjustment slot s on the wheel motors and noticed that the motors are in the center holes which does not correspont with the heights that the manual states ??? I am wondering if there is something else that may not be set up right ??? Also I noticed that the motors can be moved back like a half inch in another set of holes on the frame ?? Would this cause any bad problems ?? I am thinking it will make it a little more stable when backing up ?? by lenthing the wheel base a bit ???? The adjustment does not look all too difficult, just pull the bolts out and reposition it , put bolts back in ??? or am I missing something ???
Old 03-31-2004, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I really don't know how hard it would be. But since I paid $6400. for mine....I thought the least the vender could do is set it up the way I like it.....

I am still getting use to mine but I am quickly growing to love it.....

Derek

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 03-31-2004, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, cant help.Mine came set u just right.Never touched it other than donuts and blade washers.
http://www.PlanetLandscaping.net "Helping keep Earth Green" We use Ford F550 powerstrokes ,Mistubishi cabovers,Kubota Tractors and Excavators, Scag turf tigers,Exmark Lazers,Wright Standers, Shindiawa, Redmax , Finn Hydroseeder's and a bunch of other goodies. International Assoiciation of Hydroseeding Professionals, President: .
Old 03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I found a phone # for Wright , I'm gonna call today and see what they have to say but according to the manual it should be just right, but things are just not jiving ?? Let you know how I make out....
Old 03-31-2004, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I called Wright and spoke with a tech... Moving the wheel motors back to the end holes just lenthens the wheelbase for a bit more stability going forward and reverse....
Height issue.... the settings it came from the factory with mathced what they showed and what the manual showed however the heights did not match theirs, only the holes ??? So I tore the thing apart... Moved the wheel motors to the highest holes in the frame which allowed it to drop 3/4" and made similar adjustments to the front castors, then removed a spacer from the castor to make the deck level, then I was able to remove 2 blade bolt spacers and now I am at 3" cutting height. And all that only took me 2 hours of bolting and measuring to get it just right. Ughhh.......