Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-17-2000, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to estimate a job today and a customer asked how much I would charge to prune a hedge once a week. Once a week I said!!! Has anyone ever came acrossed a customer who wanted shrubs pruned once a week? Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance
Old 06-17-2000, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I have!!!!!!!!! I told him that I would be by 3 times per month, of course he figured, like everybody else dows, that in 10 days I would be back...........I wasn't there on the 10th day so he called me back and told me I wasn't dependable. I'm glad of that though because I really screwed up on that deal. He was a fanatic about his boxwoods being perfect, wanted them trimmed every trip, had more boxwoods than he had grass, I blurted out a price and he took it, I then proceeded to trim the darn things and an hour and a half later I was done.......every 10 days! God knows when you do foolish things so he got me out of that one.........so I'm not dependable.<p>Homer
Old 06-17-2000, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you charge accordingly. Like Homer said, there is going to be a lot more than trimming the hedges involved here. If the guy is that fanatic about his edges, imagine what kind of customer he'll be? Pain in the A$$!!! But like any customer, he pays, so charge accordingly.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-17-2000, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I still chared him the $40.00 an hour I charge everyone he said I'll call you. Rode by the house today shrubs were cut. <br>Better for me anyway we are too busy for those type of people.<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance
Old 06-18-2000, 04:14 AM
LawnSite Member

i have found that for jobs like hedgee trimming, brush cutting, and tilling. I can generally make $50-$100 an hour easily, because they are so labor intensive, and the customer understands that, so they pay acordingly.
Old 06-18-2000, 04:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Travis, I don't want to put down a paying customer, but your probobly better off this way. At least you didn't cut your price in half like a &quot;scrub&quot;!! <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 06-18-2000, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You got it never do I cut my price for a job that = a sh_ _ _ _ job. We have about 100 customers we don't have time to baby sit a account. That takes away from the other customers we have. Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance