Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-15-2004, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Will an accelerator make much of a diff?

I was just looking into the accelerator bagger, and had a couple of questions? I live in (western) Oregon and so we get a lot of rain which equals WET grass and leaves. I just bought an Exmark metro 21", and was wondering what results I could expect from the accelerator? It seems like the regular bag works pretty good, but was wondering if the accelerator would be better?
thanks for your time, and happy mowing.....Jon
Old 04-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Sponsor

Jon,
The catcher we make for the Toro 21 (=Exmark 21) does allow more airflow. To be honest, I can't give you an acutal percentage as to how much better it might be. We have not sold very many of the catchers for the toro 21. We have sold far more for the honda 21, partly because the catcher for the honda is bigger than the standard size unit that comes with the Honda mower (and we have built if for a much longer period of time). The catcher we make for the toro is about the same size as the stock unit, which takes away some of the advantage of buying an Accelerator for it. People buy it for better airflow and the fact that it will last a lot longer than the cloth unit. You may want to wait until you have to replace your cloth catcher anyway, reducing the net cost of an Accelerator.

PS- I know how much of a pain wet mowing in the northwest is, as I owned a mowing business in the Seattle area for 20 years.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410